Julianne Hough:

I Thought Seacrest

Was Gay!

7/22/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason it took Ryan Seacrest such a long time to score a date with his new girlfriend Julianne Hough -- she thought she lacked the proper equipment ... genitally speaking.

072210_julianne_ryan_getty
Our spies in North Carolina tell us Hough was in town for her birthday dinner at a Morton's steak house the other night with a bunch of friends ... and at one point during the meal, she was asked, "How did you and Ryan get together?"

Julianne responded, "He was after me since I was 18 ... he totally wasn't my type ... I thought he was gay."

But Hough continued, "After a few years, he was persistent ... so I went out with him on a date and I realized how much I liked him."

We're told Ryan and Julianne have been together for a couple of months.

Seacrest ... out?

nicki

HE'S GAY...........GAY..............GAY.

nicki

He is Gay.........

modern thinking

@tinsami.... rofl

fkusrgerhrez

of course he is gay! Julianne is so fake she just want the publicity and money! perfect beard, you are not fooling anyone

Whocares

All these comments about age difference are more than likely being made by women over 30 who have been traded in for a younger, new model. In Europe it is normal for woman in their twenties to date men in their forties and fifties. The U.S. needs to get over this. What about all the milfs now? Thats ok though....That being said, Ryan is gay if he was groomed by Merv Griffin.

Dan da man

Ryan Gaycrest is rumored to have got his first job from Merv Griffin by going down on him...

Janet

Don't insult Merv Griffin. He was an upstanding man.

Julianne and Ryan make a cute couple.

Simon is going to tease Ryan about this FOR EVER! I'm glad he and Simon can joke with each other.

BA

Of course he is gay. Just ask Anderson Cooper.

d33

Ok, the girl just answered her own question: "I though he was gay". Riiight!? I thought the same about my ex-husband...and geez, guess what??! That mofo was gayer than a handbag stuffed with rainbows.
So there you have it.

Patti

Why would anyone say that her brother is gay? He dated, for at least a year, his last year's dance partner on "Dancing with the Stars." He is so not gay---and I don't think Ryan is either. I remember seeing a picture of him kissing Terry Thatcher. Since no one here knows for sure---why are you so quick to jump on the band wagon. I really don't get it!!

NoBreederRat

I thought so too, but according to one of his neighbors*, he likes to have sex with women in his car.

*Only one site more reliable than TMZ. ;)

Drev

Usually your first impressions are the right ones and I and most everyone else I know thinks he is gay ! Just because he is after you doesn't mean he isn't gay, he could be trying to hide himself. You are one of the most beautiful women in the world what better way to hide but to date you!
Mormons don't have sex till marriage right?
Remember Rock Hudson he hid it most of his life and he dated women and he was a sex symbol!

Leasey

Ryan Seacrest is a in the closet homosexual me and my fiance' both think so. When he has no more career and it doesn't matter anymore then he'll admit that he's gay, just like when Ricky Martin did. RYAN JUST ADMIT IT NOW THAT YOUR NOT STRAIGHT,THE REST OF THE WORLD WOULD APPRECIATE HONESTY.

Wiley

No problem. I guess we all did!!!

Tellingitlikeitisman

I personally always thought he was gay, too (and she might just be a beard). But regardless, SO WHAT if he truly wanted her when she was "only" 18 and he was 31? What man DIDN'T want her when she was only 18? Was she any less hot than she is now? And if you didn't know better, you would have thought she was 25 back then, so to call him a "dirty old man," is not fair. Men who get off on girls who truly look like young girls are the sick ones in our society, not guys who are attracted to the Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears types that might only be 17 but look much older and ARE often having as much sex as any 20-30 something out there.