'American Idol' Finalist -- Fury Over Hunting Show

8/3/2010 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "American Idol" finalist Kristy Lee Cook has landed right in the crosshairs of an animal rights group -- over a new reality show in which she's on the hunt for a record contract ... and animals to shoot.

0802_kristie_lee_cooke_EX_Getty
While promoting her new reality/hunting show "Goin' Country," Cook -- who placed 7th on "Idol" in 2008 -- recently said, "I never used to like killing animals until I got out and experienced it.  It's the food chain.  Animals are here for us to eat."

Obviously, the statement didn't sit well with the group In Defense of Animals, who see things a little differently ... saying, "Contrary to Kristy Lee's beliefs, animals are meant to live out their lives in peace, not to be killed for our enjoyment."

So we gotta ask ...

Jacqueline13

The difference is dragging it off to where you're going to
"gut it", then cut it up and feed to family. That's the
difference, and it's not pretty.

Jacqueline13

... I must add to 47, that My Dad hunted, gutted and cooked
deer meat over 30 years ago. I love steak etc....but I just
could'nt eat that. And if people watch this ex idol wannabe
do all that, kill-gut-cook, it will make them sick.

Woot

"I never used to like killing animals until I got out and experienced it."

Uh, yeah -- the power that killing a living being which doesn't have an equal measure of weaponry to defend itself gives... must be a real thrill!

This idiot and her ilk were all either bullies in school or were impotent victims themselves, driven to the point that they now need to exert their "power" over something less intelligent and threatening. If not, they risk becoming society's lowest life form (in the eyes of the typical hunter): bleeding heart liberal tree-hugging hippie democrats.

The alternative to reinstating their "ego" by killing things is suicide.

Ah, but we can dream.

Jacqueline13

Symtoms of a "Serial Killer". She likes it.

Cleveland Gal

From a previous comment: I know all about the brutal process of factory farming which is why I am a vegetarian- and I still find hunting disgusting no matter how people try to sugar coat the evil of it.Go to the grocery store people and stop taking lives.

Jacqueline13

...and don't be too sure it's all that healthy to eat.
No FDA is there while you're cutting it up...many amimals
have rabies or other diseases. Think about it. Go to the store.

cyringe

who are these STUPID animal rights fool. in the bible a lot of sacrifice was made using animals and they ate a whole lot. so, keep your idea to yourself because i love to down those too. lions don't call a meeting to see if they want to kill people when they come their path. Go get a life!!!

DOC

I'D LICK HER BUTT!

Tim

Clevaland Girl - Wake up, there is no such thing as "good" and "evil". Morals are our own inventions. There's only reality.

Jacqueline - If thinking about where your meat comes from grosses you out, you should probably be a vegetarian, you hypocrite.

mr attitude

I'm a PETA member... Prefer Eating The Animals.

Katie

well first of all what do you think they did on little house on the prairie they didn"t go to food lion to get their meat!!! meat wasn't processed so it was better for you. Now today most meat is processed and preservatives are pumped into animals. If you were an animal would you rather be in the wild and have a chance at life or would you rather be an animal pumped with preservatives in a tiny cage on you way to getting slaughtered?? exactly hunting is just nature taking its course for example in my area there is an overpopulation of deer so they are eating peoples crops so unless people hunt there is more deer to eat more crops. and a good hunter knows how to shoot an animal so that it has to pain and suffering. and if you judge Kristy Lee Cook than that means that you have nothing better to do with your time. And if you wish death on her than that is just stupid that is like cursing someone for not eating fruits and vegetables it is the same concept of stupidity. and all of you people who feel differently are just naive obviously because you hate someone you don't even know about something that you have never tried

Katie

and you people say go to the grocery store and stop taking lives some animal had to die for that meat anyway and it is more s brutal death if you were an animal would you rather go to a slaughter house or get a clean shot and not feel a thing?

CelebJustice

Anyone who hunts is completely lacking in empathy. It would be like this moron bimbo having a great time at Disneyland and having some sniper take her out on the Autopias just for sport. Sad and tragic, but it's no different for innocent animals. What a stupid bit*ch.

Posted at 12:32 AM on Aug 3, 2010 by Sick of TMZ
****************************
You do realize that if people didnt hunt that there would be a lot more death thru diesease and starvation in the wild game population. States keep track of population and issue licences and quotas based on the population.
Hunters donate a lot of game meat to homeless shelters and to families that would ultimately "do without" during the winter months. Can you say the same?
I personally don't hunt, but I also don't open my mouth and criticize what I dont understand. Perhaps your time would be better spent doing some research on the subject instead of coming to a site that your "sick of"

Cody

NON HUNTERS READ BELOW

*Hunters have done more for wildlife conservation than any other group in history…
*Thanks to the efforts of hunters, there is far more game in America now than 100 years ago…
*Hunter’s dollars support 600,000 jobs across the country…
*Sharing hunts with family creates great memories.

RK

All you think that hunting is soooo bad... Give your heads a shake!They were put here for a reason! I hunt them! I hunt all the time i shoot deer , gofers ,cyotes etc.. You fliipin city people need to learn that these things over run our land. How do you think a cow is killed?! we eaither shoot em or we slit there neck ( bet PETA will love this one HAHA!). Live on a farm for a month and you will know what you are eating and how its killed. Unless you are some PETA loving wacko i guess you wont. This is not me being a "sick person" who loves to kill animals. I love animals but the thing is this is the way we keep them from over taking our farm land. We are not "rednecks" as one person commented , YOU just need to go sit in your tree house and love the plant and stay there while and let us do what we do.