« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal -- Let's Drop Some Hebrew!

8/2/2010 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just call him Shaquille O'Nealberg ... because last night at BOA Steakhouse in Hollywood, the 7'1" superstar became the biggest man on the planet to speak Hebrew!

Shaq's Hebrew session comes just days after New York Knicks superstar Amar'e Stoudemire revealed that he might be Jewish ... and two weeks after Jewish-born Jeremy Piven hit one of the greatest trick shots of all time.

As far as Shaq's Hebrew message -- let's just say he wished everyone a very happy 5771.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Brian

@ #4 956 am August Second. Try looking up what it means to be a jew.

Does your family have any traditions it passed on to you, or have they been telling you that you just "came from chicago?"

RabbiJason

This appears to be an effort by Shaq not be outdone by Amar'e Stoudemire's recent foray into peppering his speech with Hebrew. Here's my blog post on the subject:

Keith

היהודים הם גזע של רוצחים בריונים. הם תמיד היו טפילים על גבם ש תרבויות הגויים. הם גזע של קנאים בכל ספר היסטוריה יש להם מוגדרים כגון.

Tina

Shaq was at Up In Smoke, a hookah lounge on Ventura Blvd., in Sherman Oaks a week ago last Saturday. He was there with a buddy of his and a lot of people welcomed him with warm greetings. He was a very kind and gentle man with everyone who approached him. If his mother is Jewish or he converted to Judaism, then he is Jewish. If neiter occured, then he is not a Jewish person.
The general public does not understand how it works, but then how would anyone know about anything without studying and doing research? Coming from a Catholic background, I am fully aware that I was not born Catholic and that recognition of that religion is through baptism, as is in the Christian faith... In my theological studies, I came to understand Judaism and embrace the historical values that Christianity and Islam would NOT have otherwise. It's interesting to study and I'd suggest anyone who truly has an open mind and wants to learn, should stop by a synagogue or university to learn. I was curious about Judaism, so I attended the American Jewish University. It was very enlightening for me as a foundation of faith, but as with anything we are educated in, it all boils down to what we take away from it.
Good luck and I hope everyone will keep an open mind and not be so judgemental.
Thank you for reading.

Mee

BOY'S WOULD GOING TO ANOTHER PLANET HELP?

Richard Lund

I do have an issue with the fact that Jews seem to think everyone is looking at them. I really wish they could just be Americans and not Jews. I'm of Norwegian decent but, I am an American. I don't preoccupie my self with what is happening in Norway. We have way more jews in congress than the population of Jews percentage wise. I think we need more black and hispanic people. We give several Billion to Israel and to Palestine. Why not Mexico. It seems to me more important to help our hemesphere. I don't know if you remember when Israel wanted to sell tech. to China so they could make their own AWAK aircraft. The only thing that stopped them was the fact that we would stop giving them aid. That sounds like a real s*** bag move by Israel to me. I don't want anyone killed off and Hitler killing the 4 million jews, that was repulsive. I also can consider the fact that a group of people that come in and constantly make fun and degrade the majority, might get their asses kicked. But, why he didn't just kick them out and make the rest of the world their problem, makes no sense. If they are such a problem, push them off to your enemies. That's what I would do, if I had the same problem with the jews. Oh, well. We will have to listen to every little problem the Jews have because of their penetration in the media. Hence TMZ. Hey how is your Boyfriend doing? Owner of TMZ. I don't care if your gay. Just own up to it. That will make it easier for the general population to accept you. Peace and Love, Peace and Love.

bucs

I love all people, as everyone should. I do have a comment for 12 and 13 are you really better than anyone else? What your basis for making such a statement? It is because the Jewish religion teaches they are superior to gentiles and all other people. Look what happened when Hitler took the Jewish way of thinking and turned it around with Jews being at the bottom. One would think lesson learned all people are equal. Still far too many Jews think they are better than non-jews, wether they say it outside the temple or not it is still being taught. One would think that after Hitler gave them a taste of there own medicine in WW2 the ideoligy that holds one race superior over another would be buried for good. When will they ever learn all are equal in the eyes of GOD.

Yahhoyakiyn Ben Ysrayl

All people that came out of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade are the true Hebrew Israelites. Believe it folks, we are not jewish we are the true children of Israel. Do the research.

lev

All I have to say,is jewish are special because they re curious!!! we are Jewish we have to be an exemple for the others.We are special cauz of course we have beEn chosen to show the way! So letS them talk, letS them laugh and gossip,lets them be jealous, lets just try to make them less stupid and lets make good tv shows ;)

en Todo Momento!!

christians SUCK!!!!!!!!

hello

so stupid just because someone made a statement that being a jew is a religion, not a heritage that person is automatically a neo nazi. and its not jew jealousy. more like pity. Im sorry but every jew ive ever met was obnoxious, loud, annoying, rude, etc. etc. so doesnt sound that great at all.

hello