'American Idol' Back-Up Plan -- Shania Twain

8/12/2010 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" sources tell TMZ ... the Jennifer Lopez deal isn't dead yet, but if it does flatline ... "Idol's" next choice is country star Shania Twain.

Shania Twain American Idol
Shania was a hit on "Idol" this past season when she served as guest judge and mentor.

We're told Shania is Plan B.

TMZ has a thought ... What about Britney Spears? She's fun, she kinda knows music and you never know when she'll go off the hinges. And she's endlessly entertaining. Just sayin' ...

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Denise

Michelle Obama. She likes being on camera and taking money and wasting peoples money and time. She's perfect for "American Karayoke"

Posted at 12:12 PM on Aug 12, 2010 by shad

STFU SHAD!!!! STICK TO THE POST IDIOT. Shania Twain would be my pick!

Jake

Shania would be a great choice, her legacy has lived on past her most recent release of "Up!", which alone went 14X platinum. Her third album, "Come on Over" (released in 1997) sold over 30X copies. This talented woman would prove an asset to any show. Especially as Twain gears up for her comeback in 2011 with a new album and reality show on Oprah Winfrey's new cable channel, OWN.

Rain Brown

Jennifer Lopez is UGLY. I don't know why the media calls her lovely, attractive etc. She has a UGLY shaped forehead, a bump on her hawk nose. Her forehead looks like she was about to develop horns, but never pierced through the skin. And she has skinny baseball bat legs. She has a forehead like Halle Berry, and legs like Vivica Fox.

Rain Brown

sue shrewsberry

I can't believe the things I'm reading. A little fyi Shania Twain has won 187 awards since 1993. Just to name a few 39 BMI song writer awards,26 canadian country music,12 Junos,9 billboard,5 american grammys,5 AMAs,4 ACMA's,2 CMA and yes there is more. So I think she could bring something different to this show. She can sing and write music very talented.

steve

my ***** my ***** my ***** g-lo is hot...

Catherine

Shania opened up Country music back in the early 1990s. So many other artists would not have the great success without the doors opened by Shania. Ratings on the episode she co-judged were huge. I'll agree that she's not American so I don't exactly think she should be a permanent judge, nor do I think she will fill the shoes of Simon's honesty. The show needs her more than she needs the show, that's for darn sure! She is an amazingly talented artist who writes her own music and has been able to only release 4 albums and have the massive following of fans from 2-102 years old. J-Lo: Hell no. Britney: eh, why not but she won't save the show.

Sandra

Who cares. American Idol is toast. I am a Shania fan!

kymomto2

3 words.... HARRY CONNICK JR!!!!! In a less than stellar season on Idol Harry Connick Jr was the most talented, most insightful, funniest, hands down best guest judge they had. He could be as tough (or tougher) than Simon, has wicked mad skills, and I would turn in every week just because he could be so honest and make me laugh at the same time. He's demanding, recognizes talent and seems to have a great heart. TOTAL PACKAGE! My only thought since his name hasn't come up is that he's already told them no way.... If not the powers that be at Idol need to hire me to safe that sinkin' ship :)

meg42484

Shania would be the best choice! She would be a great judge!!

Darci White

Apparently J-Lo Britney & Shania Know Music cuz get what they are singers & not yall. get over it. yall know nothing about music so id leave it up to the people that sing the tunes. Mkay. And if they put anyone up there they should put Britney Spears & Possibly Tobey Keith

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12