'Apprentice' Star Accused of Choking Out His Wife

8/13/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the contestants vying for a job with Donald Trump on the upcoming season of "The Apprentice" has a history of going for the jugular -- in fact, back in May the guy was arrested for allegedly strangling his wife.

0812_folkes_mugshot_EX_Tmz_2

According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Genesiac Folkes -- who you might recognize from the new "Apprentice" promos on NBC -- was busted on May 5th in Wylie, Texas ... and charged with felony assault.

His wife Cherice filed for a restraining order a short time later -- claiming Genesiac also showed up to her workplace, took her car, and emptied her bank account.

No word on what sparked the alleged outburst -- but stay tuned ... Trump's reality star is due back in court on September 2.

Attempts to reach Genesiac for comment were unsuccessful -- but it's worth noting ... less than a week after the May incident, the guy filed for divorce.

anonymous

NO ONE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THIS MAN. HE IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR! HE IS EXTREMLY ABUSIVE AND HE IS A VERY RUDE PERSON I HAVE MET HIM MY SELF. HE IS FILTHY AND IGNORANT. HE DID HIT HIS WIFE AND HE DOES HIT KIDS, I HAVE SEEN HER DAUGHTERS LIP BUSTED A FEW TIMES. aND IF YOU DIDNT KNOW HIS WIFE IS AN EXTREMLY NICE LADY WHO DOES ALOT FOR OTHERS, AND THIS GUY IS A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A REAL MAN. HE IS GOING TO GET WHAT HE DESERVES BECAUSE IN THE END GOD IS THE FINAL JUDGE AND KNOWS EVERYTHING. KARMA DOES COME BACK AROUND NOW OR LATER.

anonymous

This man is a pervert and a woman abuser. I know him personally

anonymous

FITHY BASTARD!!!!!!

anonymous

This stupid basted made his wife walk and hour walk to work while he drove the car she paid for he is a no good dog he never worked what second chance do he need I have seen what he did to very pretty woman made her feel like nothing and told her when i finish no one will want you

dirt bag that's his name

anonymous

I am skeptical of the charges brought against Gene. I have known him for six years and I don’t believe he is capable of doing what he is charged with.

The car he is accused of taking is the car he has been driving since I first meet him, and, on emptying her account … sounds like divorce jockeying. The comment on the bank account and car came from the soon to be ex's attorney and we all know how reliable the information is they provide in the heat of a divorce.

A

I do know him and know many things he did to try to help his family. Do not try to defame a man's character for whatever personal reasons you have against him. If the allegations were true he would have been charged, and he has yet to be charged. He is a good man, no, he is a great man. I am not going to say anything bad about his (ex)wife, because I don't know her. He is in this situation because he is a giver. As for those questioning background checks and psychological evaluations; NBC did a thorough investigation on all the contestants. You can't compare a Mark Burnett production to a show on VH1 like Megan Wants a Millionaire. Don't believe everything you read. I don't even believe post 15 is really related to the situation. Next time you decide to post something against him you may want to try spell check or a grammar class. As if someone who went through the things you claim you went through would honestly post on the TMZ website? Yes, your allegations are so credible. In case you are wondering, yes, that is sarcasm.

Monty

I have know this man for 6 plus years, there is nothing in his nature that you even come close to the charges filed against him. He is an honest, sincere person who cares patiently about everyone. I have seen him upset several times, and he has never reacted badly not once. I have been called Deacon, Pastor and I know this man well, and would stake everything on the fact this is all FALSE!!!

JRT

I DO know this man personally.
Let me tell you what TMZ is painting is absolutely wrong!! The cops were called to the house and she did claim that he was choking him. There was no arrest because there were no marks because there was NO CHOKING! Oddly enough the action of divorce was talked about and started BEFORE the Apprentice - odd how that seemed to ramp up when he was going to do the show.

There is more to this than the crap you read on here; believe me!
Gene is a very good man with a very good heart who has never hesitated to help another person. He has never hurt another individual and I know he does not tolerate violence against a woman.

Before you start wagging the tongue, I, myself, was a child of domestic violence and wouldn't hesitate for a second to string up a man that feels he has to prove himself by beating up on a woman. I'm standing by my friend because I know that what's being done here is wrong.

Don't judge until this is over.

truthnothinbut

You that say you know him and he is a great man...is ridiculous and you, who have known him for 6 years, wow - yea for you. He is MY SIBLING...AND I GOT A CALL ABOUT THIS INCIDENT AFTER IT OCCURRED...he is no where near a GIVER...ask his mother...my mother!!! who has been in and out of emergency rooms and when he has had a great job - NEVER saw about her or gave her a nickel. He has been estranged from the family for years..is ALWAYS angry unless he's sucking up to white people...not trying to make it a race thing but he has never really liked who he is...my brother - a great actor - go NBC!! There's so much more..sad, I love him but he is so rude and mean-spirited. Now that's the truth and I was raised with him and spoke to him after this charge.

Anonymous

Wow! The person who knows the alleged "chokee" must be her eldest! I know for a FACT that your mother STOLE from this guy!!!! Your mother is a liar,sorry, and full of crap! She showed you, your brother and your sister how to steal..FROM HIM!!!And you all did it repeatedly!!!! And for you to say that you were beaten, is downright BULL***! Stop trying to get everyone to believe that your sorry butt was involved in some abusive household. You wanted to commit suicide because you thought of yourself as a failure.....that has NOTHING to do with the current situation. The point is, your mom is a LIAR and a thief!!! And she is going to get what SHE desrves for lying!!!

Anonymous

How did your mom walk to work when she caught a ride from a coworker everyday? She's good, but see, yet another lie! How did Gene take a car that was HIS?? Your mom wrecked one car....Gene bought her another one and she claims that one caught afire here at work, she also committed IRS fraud!! But this will all come out in court! Ask her about it! Stop trying to paint your mom as some victim! She's a scandelous LIAR and so are you!

anonymous

postred at 9:02 am
that is gene
you fithy bastard they aren't lying and you know it
she is a very nice woman your a very ignorant man
nice to say "you" cleared her bank account and kept spending
"her"
money and you know it
but lie on buddy cause all comes to light and in the end God will punish you for it
And to the pastor, get it together because this man doesnt even believe in God or go to church
about all he does is kung-fu- panda crap
and talks crap about his own family but the 1st to call when in time of need
your a worthless piece of crap and little do you know the oldesxt son finished college and is headed on a right path where are you? stealing money from your own wife. sorry excuse for a real man
And you lie, you cheat, you still, full devil

Anonymous

LOL!! the eldest son didn't even finish high school!! what are YOU talking about!??!?!? Let alone FINISH college. He was living at home until last year when at age 20..could not complete high school!! Gene tried to get him to go to the military to at the very least TRY to do something positive with his life other than stay stuck up under his mother like a little wimp!! He couldn't pass the ASVAB and THAT's when the suicide thoughts came about..The (ex)wife couldn't and wouldn't help her own son do anything to get his life together!! So he flew the coup and went back to to east coast!! Again, his wife didn't have any money in an account for Gene to clear!! This is pure comedy!!

Brother

Hey That's My Brother and i was there He never Choked His crazzy A**wife,if you get a crazzy woman attacking you, you get her off he lift the House to calm that nut down and cops were called My Brother is not a wife Beater or a crazzy Man He took that crazy woman and her fatherless Kids in His Home, and they Stole everything from Him..as for my sister making a Comment about her brother She Knows better,And thats not True..Show men Proof of all these Beat up Hurt People Bro Keep your head up and When God is Moving you , Know one can stop you...And for all you Saints out there Get a Life and Stop Hatin

Been There

I personally know Gene Folkes, the claim of infidelity through out his marriage is a fact, and I know this first hand. He is a sociopath, a pathological liar and uses people for his own gain.
He was a regular at the bars in Dallas as well as on the dating sites for most of his marriage. For those of you defending him, it suggests only that he's been able to fool you. He fooled me once too. To his wife and kids, you're lucky to be rid of him. I was at a loss as to why he of all people would be allowed to be on the apprentice - the upside, he'll be exposed nationally for who he really is. As for Donald Trump - what were you thinking? The only thing Gene deserves is the attention of the Texas Grand Jury and that he already has.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments