Steven Tyler on 'Idol'

Show Me the Money!

8/13/2010 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler is playing a little bit of hardball with "American Idol" execs -- saying they better "lay out the bread" if they want him to come on board.

Steven Tyler - American Idol
Less than two weeks ago, the Aerosmith singer proclaimed "I'm doing it" when asked if he was gonna be on "Idol." But yesterday in New York, he seemed to be playing coy when asked whether he was going to take the gig.

We smell a negotiation ploy!

14Lola

Do I see man boobs? It sure looks like it!

Barbarascy

I don't blame him at all. Get your money honey! Please believe that everybody involved is going to get paid and well. Why shouldn't he get his piece of the action? They want all these really famous people to do this show but they don't want to pay them. It don't work like that.

14Lola

I know who he reminds me of now....Janice ****inson!

Renee

HARRY CONNICK JR.!! HE SHOULD BE A JUDGE...

sarah

Wow....This ass clown should have taken his money and drugs and just retired to an island about 20 years ago. He is somewhere between laughable and obnoxious in the appearance department.
His singing skills have left the building, and he is no longer relevant.
What are they thinking?

richie boiadro

He is killing his career with a show that is going down.Not to mention his band has got to be fed up with him...go back to your group and make more great music.........

carol

Don't lay out the Bread - he's not wanted

sarah

That pic sure looks like an out take from American Werewolf in London.

FromtheRight

Tyler shows nice breasts in the TMZ snapshot.

chris

most of these comments show people who comment are stupid... thank God I'm not one of them... Steven Tyler would be the only reason I would ever watch the show after the auditions in the first place...

... who goes to a kareokee bar to hear songs being sung well??

FromtheRight

You're so vain
You probably think this show is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this show is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

sarah

Chris,
Nice to see you crawl out of the closet. Now get back in there you frickin' dumbazz.....
You're what those in the intellectual community call a di*kw*d...
For an oz of smack, Tyler will probably let you bl*w him...

notsosad

he's as big a diva as j-ho. one of the ugliest trannies i've ever seen.

Danonino

Dude looks like a Opossum! Yeah Yeah
Get rid of Randy... everything is pitchy or dawg! BORING!

Linda

"lay out the bread??" how old is this guy? I haven't heard the term "bread" since the 70's.

As for Bret, I think he has reached his 15 minutes. I would like to see Britney. remember Paula was a bit "washed up" and Britney is too now. It worked.

So randy, Britney and Harry gets my vote.