« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LPGA Golfer's Death Ruled a Suicide

8/24/2010 4:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The death of LPGA star Erica Blasberg has officially been ruled as a suicide ... this according to the Clark County Coroner's Office.

0824_erica_blasberg_BN_Getty_01
According to the coroner, 25-year-old Blasberg was found dead with a plastic bag over her head at her Henderson, Nevada home back on May 9.

Officials ruled that Blasberg's death was caused by asphyxiation -- but the coroner notes that she also had toxic levels of prescription medication in her system ... including headache, cough, pain and anti-anxiety meds.

The Henderson Police Department concluded there was no foul play involved in her death.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Wishes

I don't believe this story. I really doubt that she killed herself. What was the boyfriend's role in this when the police found him there???

JJ

Tragic.

God Rest Her Soul and I hope the best for her Family.

*78

So sad.

Christina G.

That doesn't sound right...

noneofyourbusiness

"including headache, cough, pain and anti-anxiety meds" If you are sick and have a cold, that sounds about right to me. The whole plastic bag over the head thing is pretty fishy to me. I'm not buying it's a suicide.....

MIDNIGHT TOKER

it would seem to me that no matter how stoned you are ..if you have a bag over your head your going to rip a hole in it when you cant breathe anymore...sounds like tiger had something to do with this

Julie

I met her grandfather recently. The family is broken-hearted. This can't bring any peace to them. God help them all. So promising a life. I'm certain her family will look into all they are told and given. So sad!

Scott

A permanent solution to a temporary problem, I have no sympathy for anyone who kills themself! I worked in a crematorium for 15 years and met the families of these people who still go to the grave 30 years later to visit and cry wishing they could have done something........a very selfish act suicide.

ginny

what a shame.

to what lengths do we go for "satisfaction."

bitch please

I don't believe this. A person can't suffocate themselves-- as soon as CO2 builds up the autonomic panic response sets in and the person will do anything within their power to breath. Unless she was unconscious from the meds or otherwise restrained, she couldn't kill herself in the manner described.

divot diva

It's possible ..Thats how the Heavens Gate people did it

pops

the doctor did it. Why would she have all those drugs in her system? Why won't he talk to the police? Suicide my @ss

My two cents ;)

This was not a suicide...It just does not sound right...She was murdered

carol

They have all the drugs in their system or alcohol in their system to relax them so they can put a plastic bag over their head without panicing later and trying to get it off. It is absolutely possible she did this to herself.

seabass

I don't believe that for minute. She was packed and ready to go to her golf tournament. The Dr. boyfriend had something to do with it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments