« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Elin Nordegren: I've Been Through Hell

8/25/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that the divorce is final, Elin Nordegren is speaking out about the breakdown of her marriage to Tiger Woods -- saying she's "been through hell" and had no idea her husband was stepping out on her.

0823_tiger_elin_BN_Getty_05

Elin tells PEOPLE, "I'm so embarrassed that I never suspected - not a one. For the past 3 1/2 years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."

Elin also addressed rumors she attacked Tiger with a golf club the night of his Thanksgiving crash -- saying, "There was never any violence inside or outside our home. The speculation that I would have used a golf club to hit him is just truly ridiculous."

She says she and Woods tried to work on their marriage, but "without trust and love," it didn't work.

As for their divorce settlement, Elin says "money can't buy happiness or put my family back together."

Tiger also released a statement to People, saying, “This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother. I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

kadi

I really like her a lot. I just got my copy of People & I think she gave a great interview & showed a LOT of class. She deserves every bit of happiness she can get. Poor Tiger, he really let a good one get away. No way any woman with any self-respect & integrity would get mixed up with him now. He needs to stay a bachelor & keep his antics private. The only women who would get mixed up with him now are whores. His wife really has a lot of class

Ralph

gaganogu:

I've been married for 31 yrs and have never been unfaithful to my wife, so u can take your comments about unfaithful husbands and stick them where the sun never shines!
I feel great respect for Elin who has shown what its like to go from being a loving and trusting wife to someone who has been betrayed by her husband and never once did she go to the tabloids wanting an interview about what was going on in her life, like most any other person would have done considering the cir***stances.. I wish her all the best as she is a very private person and wants to herself and her children out of the public eye as much as possible.

Annie

This is a woman who never wanted the spotlight, who stayed out of the picture and was content to raise her two children. Is it her fault that her arrogant, ego driven husband couldn't keep his hoo-hah in his trousers? After the humiliation, hurt, curiosity, public speculation, embarassment, loss of her family unit, possibility of STD or worse, not to mention the long-term psychological effect on her children, she is labeled a "gold digger?" Why isn't the blame placed where it should be? If Woods was so unhappy in the marriage, why didn't he "man-up?" and have the b-lls to face her, be honest and work out a mutual parting of the ways and pur HIS his kids first. Oh, I forgot, he's a golf god - not a mere mortal. Gimme a break! If anything, that man-slut should have had to pay more. I'm sure if this were your daughter or sister, you would have a much better opinion of Elin and a lesser opinion of Woods.

Hotsoul999

NOBODY'S PERFECT...Not even Tiger. She should've just forgive him & moved on. Now she looks like she care about money more than to patch thing together. What supposedly Tiger must do? He can't go back in time % reverse what already happened.

daveaustin

Horrible situation all caused by this arrogant man. I think his sadness stems from being caught. Elin's sadness comes from trusting that in a marriage, your husband will be faithful. She believed in him and sadly, it was misplaced. Being made a fool of is very uncomfortable. She has handled this with class and dignity.

Ron M

She is awesomely freaking gorgeous and he ia a !@#@ing fool!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12