Sam Ronson Dog Attack -- The 911 Call

9/1/2010 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made moments after Sam Ronson's dog Cadillac allegedly killed a 2-year-old Maltese ... in which the caller tells the operator, "A vicious bulldog killed another dog and bit its owner."

Sam Ronson 911 Call
The unidentified caller also claims the attack happened "in the hallway" of Sam's West Hollywood apartment early Monday morning.

At one point, the operator asks the caller, "Is the owner of the dog a male or a female?"
The caller replies, "I believe a male."

As we previously reported, Sam is now the focus of a criminal investigation surrounding the death of Tiger -- a 3-pound Maltese that was roaming the hallway without a leash.

Ronson has since shipped Cadillac to the East Coast to stay with family.

hotandbothered

So her dog had already attacked and bit another dog weeks ago and it had to go for re-grooving so it wouldn't be vicious anymore. Guess Ronson should ask for her $$ back cause it DIDN'T HELP!!!
Now she ships the dog to her relatives back east. Good thinking! Now the authorities can't take the dog away. But the dog's with family, right? I sure hope there's no children in the house or other pets. Or neighbors nearby. That dog's a menace. I don't feel sorry for it or Ronson. If you can't control your dog then you don't deserve to have one.

Thomas

Ronson was asleep when this happened, her friends where the once who encountered the owner and the incident so i don't think the comment about gender is relevant. Fail on tmz part for inciting homophobia. Its getting quite ugly here.

K

I know how this works... We had a similar situation in my condo, and Sam sent the dog out of the path of the city to prevent it getting put down. Because that's what happens to dogs deemed "dangerous". Which is what her dog will be deemed. It's normal for folks that have dogs that attack/kill to do that. Dog owners of biters/killers are forced to have the pet put down, so she moved her dog asap to allow it to kill elsewhere, even if that's not what she wants it to do.

somebodywithapoint

Whatever, I'm calling BS on both the owners, don't kill an innocent animal for using its insticts, that dog doesn't realize what it did.
And I'm sure that little rat dog was yapping away probably nipping at the bulldog. I'm sure the owner didn't give a **** about training there precious little rat dog because its so cute and little and innocent. Bottom line, a dogs a dog and they need to be treated like such, not like a ****ing acssesory. And of course ronson as well for not giving her dog the attention it obviously needs, if you don't train ANY BREED it can be a bad thing.
I have 2 rottweiler crosses who are totally cool off leash, and have never hurt a fly. They can hang out with many other different dogs, any yappy, jumping, growling dogs w/e there cool, and yet there supposed to be like a scary vicious breed. Funny how its always a small breed i run into, some poofy white thing that looks like it **** all over itself that's the one going bat**** crazy, IM scared of little dogs! Dont put down cadillac put down ronson!!!!!!!!

K

Nice comments somebodywithapoint, but you are full of shyte... The dig that attacked my hood was off lease in a tennis court, where it pushed it way out, and ran across the street where it unprovoked attacked the dog and the owner for protecting the dog. Your assertion or logic is wrong. The dog went after the dog and then the owner, who was protecting the dog, a 70 year old woman.. Give me a break in your analysis... You don't know jack in how attacks can go. The attack was witnessed and called in by a local private school cop. The owner of the dog disavowed any knowledge of it being an attack dog. It was proven that the dog was involved as a bite dog that should not have been legally allowed to be adopted into DC from MD, given the attack mentality of dogs, but was ignorned by MD. I suffered through the investigation, where my dog was under attack until the owner illegally sent the dog somewhere else the night before animal control would show up.

somebody

bucks

Obnoxious that they keep trying to call it a pitbull, as if that's he only conceivable option. Exactly why the breed is so unfairly maligned.

Jay

Both dogs & owners are at fault, neither dog was on a leash in a public area (the hallway); the only way they can make her bring the dog back is if they can say for certain that her dog attacked the other without provocation! It would be a different story if one was leashed and the other was not!
Cali law does state that all dogs must be leashed when in public/shared area's!
I love all dogs, however I have a Shepard who is always on leash, however ppl with small dogs seem to not leash them (not all of course) my dog has been bitten 5 times in one year, I had to inform the management company in the building I live in that from the date forward I will not hold back my dog when she is leashed being bitten, so we don’t know the whole story… for instance did the smaller dog chase after the larger which they tend to do!?

Hime

This is sad, but dogs shouldn't be in public areas without a leash. This includes both dogs, and this is as much the fault of Samantha as it is the owner of the smaller dog. As someone who doesn't like or trust dogs, I'm sick as hell of being met with dogs that run up to me (to lick me? I don't know if you have fleas) and their owner just chuckling in the background. Then they get offended when I say that I don't like dogs and to get their pet off me.

Dogs without a leash shouldn't be allowed in public, period. Any dog is capable of attacking a human being- or as we can see, other pets. If the owner of Tiger cared about it so much, it would have kept it on a leash. Oh wait, a caring dog owner wouldn't keep a dog in an APARTMENT in the first place.

Educated dog owner

Idiot called - that dog is not nor does it look anything like a pitt bull! idiots like this are why the breeds get bad press!

monica

omg.....she's a vicious bulldog and so is her dog..that poor little maltese..what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina

Why was the damn maltese roaming the halls of the complex without a leash? Maybe the moron owners should have thought about that before they took the rat out in the first place.

Brittany

Why are yall talking about the woman being ugly when they want comments about how you feel about the dog dieing. Yall are just soo rude !

N

Unless I'm missing a part of this story and that's highly possible, I didn't read anywhere that said the bulldog was also off leash only that the Maltese was. Of course, the bigger dog is always going to be the one to get the ****ty end of the stick and everyone will cry for it to be euthanized.

ji1987

filing a lawsuit against sam ronson would be piontless for tiger's owner because she also had her dog out in the hallway unattended as did samantha so her lawyers would argue that in court and they are both in the wrong equally for not watching their animals properly. which would get her no where if she wanted to sue because SHE had HER dog out unattended, so she is partly to blame for the accident. And did anyone actually witness this happen or just see the after effects? Those are some main points that would be argued in court.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4