Kanye Goes on

Twitter Rampage,

Seeks Forgiveness

9/4/2010 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few days shy of the one-year anniversary of his infamous Taylor Swift-interrupting rant, Kanye West decided to complete the Twitter step of his 12-step forgiveness recovery plan ... by unleashing a flurry of tweets to express forgiveness, regret and nearly every emotion in between.

0904-kanye-west-twitter
Kanye posted nearly 100 tweets in a little over two hours. It started innocently enough with: "Man I love Twitter... I've always been at the mercy of the press but no more...  The media tried to demonize me."

Then it moved on to: "Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life."

And: "People tweeted that they wish I was dead... No listen.  They wanted me to die people. I carry that. I smile and take pictures through that."

Then he finally brought up Taylor: "I wrote a song for Taylor Swift that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her."

Later: "When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE ... I take the responsibility for my actions ... I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help ... Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family friends and fans definitely  didn't want or need that."

After several more it ended with, "I'm sorry Taylor."

Kanye has gone Twitter silent since then.

Ange

Both twitterwhore Kanye and Taylor Swift are godawful, and suck musically. The less they hog up mainstream news the better. Kanye only wishes he had the charisma of a Ron Burgundy.

kas

drinking and tweeting ... lol ... it is a dangerous mixture lol

lead

what a bunch of b.s.he's a moron, he needs counseling..............and hooked on phonics!!!

Q

He started his own rep with the George Bush doesnt like Black People ad lib. Well Michele Obama doesnt like White People.

People like West are influencing so many voters to turn against all in***bents because of Obama and the Culture that allows the debauchery the Black experience has become. Thank you for continuing to remind us of why Black on Black crime is where it is. Idiots like you offer no hope, just continued racist, angry taunts and disrespect to any and all that try to achieve good things---the old "quit acting white" routine. Dude went after Taylor from old taboos of black men not even looking at White women. Give it up West, or go the way of your other Chicago hero R Kelly and find yourself a 12 year old.

This Generation of Black Youth is lost. 1 in 3 go to the Peniteneary, 70% are born without a father present in their lives. Thanks for your continued idiocy West.

Dudes in a position to influence in a positive way a whole generation of his kind, and he chooses to bash and taunt and be hostile and angry. Guess this Race is going to extinct itself in the next 100 years with "leaders" like him being looked up to.

Doobie

If it had been a white guy yanking the mic out of the hands of a young black girl, he would be labeled a racist jerk for the rest of his life, regardless of how many times he sincerely apologized. What makes Kanye think he deserves to be treated any differently?

gameover

#85 i was saying that that she wasn't on the top of people list until this happend when this took place she was on every mind even my 83 year old grandmother knew who she was after this she wouldn't have had the year she had last year if this didnt happen

Doobie

Gameover, that is without a doubt the STUPIDEST, most IGNORANT post I have read today. By the time this incident happened, Taylor had won SEVERAL awards and was pulling down about $45 million a year. And she was ACCEPTING THE VMA when this happened! For you to say Kanye put her on the map proves you are a complete dumb@$$!

Gabbriella

Seriously its their, not there!

Cimarron

"there a opinion" ???????????

there ... they're ... their

Use your money to learn the proper uses of these words and the English language.

Deesker

This illiterate can't even write grammatically correct. He's still self-absorbed.

Joe

For God's sake, the guy can't even speak 3rd grade English.

ohbuddy

i forgive him. as another poster has said here i still find him egotistical but i think he maybe has really thought about what he did and is sorry. About changing ones opinions i feel he meant like sit down and talk and have the oppourtunity to show himself. i don't think he actually means he can convince people to change their opinion. people make mistakes and some of them are unforgivable but i think kanye deserves to be forgivin just saying

MistyMisty

Well, it's like this...when people say things that hurt you as a race, it's harder to forgive. he has to live with the fact that much of the white race will probably never feel the same about him just as the black race will probably never feel the same about john mayer. even though we can all rationalize what they "meant" to say, the damage was already done. it was cool when he said it about george bush because he deserved it but, taylor didn't and he chose the wrong platform to be an activist on.

RyanJNNJ

Kanye HATES WHITE PEOPLES.

Daryl

You suck Kanye! Learn to spell you freaking idiot!