Kid Rock Testifies

Why I Punched Tommy Lee ...

9/16/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kid Rock just took the stand in Georgia in connection to his ongoing Waffle House brawl case ... but ended up having to explain why he got into a fight with rocker Tommy Lee at the MTV VMAs back in 2007.

Kid Rock Testifies
Rock told the judge that he and Lee had bad blood over their relationships with Pam Anderson.

Rock claims before the VMAs, they had exchanged some cell phone smack talk -- but somehow ended up next to each other during the VMAs.

Rock told the judge that Lee tried to sit down next to him ... so Rock smacked Lee's hat off and popped him in the face.

However, Rock also claims that Lee called him after the incident to apologize ... and testified the two are now friends.

UPDATE: Check out part of Rock's testimony above -- when he first sat down, he had to acknowledge that he also goes by the names "Devil without a Cause" and "Kid Rock and Roll Jesus."

091510_fight

KevinPaul06

YEAH. Forget about the past and Let it go and let it die. That's my man....Kid Rock.

rwq

Once they realized; "Hey I'm rich." they were friends again..bahahhaa

MIDNIGHT TOKER

looks like he got his shirt at walmart...

Jim Beam

I'm glad to see that Kid Rock wore his Sunday best for an important court date . . .

Bobby

and this has WHAT to do with the waffle house incident? sounds like the judge wanted to be a nosey bastid and kidds lawyer should have objected on the grounds it was a totally diff deal.no PD no arrests so it was not the judges business

Melissa

The Devil without a cause! LMAO "YES!"

CCC

Kid Rock looks like the guy that delivered my pizza the other night. Damn it, I told them no olives.

MJ

I never got the Kid Rock appeal until I listened to his album "Rock and Roll Jesus". He is really talented. Guess now they can commiserate together about Pam.

jinn

Male pattern baldness

Taters

What has eight boobies and four teeth? 3rd Shift at Waffle House.

Pat

I always thought Tommy Lee was a PU**Y!, now I know for sure! LOL!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2