'O.C. Housewife' Hubby Arrested for Domestic Violence

9/21/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Real Housewives of Orange County" star Tamra Barney's estranged husband was arrested this morning on suspicion of domestic battery, according to law enforcement sources.

0921_simon_barney_EXM_mug

TMZ obtained Simon Barney's mug shot. He's in the process of divorcing Tamra, and sources tell us they were arguing over their dog when Simon allegedly threw the dog's leash at Tamra and hit her wrist.

Sources say Tamra called the police. Simon is still in custody ... he's being held on $10,000 bail.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

rhiannon

Well if he didn't want to be arrested, than he should not have thrown a dog leash at his wife. Can't people learn to use words and communicate without geting so crazy. As far as Tsmra goes, she probably does not have the ability to ride out the tough spots (Simon losing money,etc.). Tamra thinks it is easier to get out there and find a new man. Good luck Tamra. Then again, Simon seems to be way too controlling. Tamra should have put him in his place long ago, he had too much to say with her son, etc.

damien

Rhiannon, you stupid bitch. go **** your mother.

Californiabern

This woman is trouble not to mention wants attention. She is using the legal system to get back at her husband who attempted to "control" an alcoholic sex addict. Who gets on TV and takes a bath with their boyfriend.. Someone call Children's Protective Service on this loser... Her poor children will have to hear from classmates what a sleaze she is.. I wouldn't let my children go to her house!

Californiabern

I don't get it? Why are there women that idolize women like this! Ladies, girls wake up plz Tamara is not a good role model for you let alone her own children. As a woman myself I see her actions has being manipulative, calculated, disruptive, extremely delusional, and manic. I believe she has mental issues and has an over inflated ego, "I am the hottest house wife in Orange country" who says that about themselves. Her reality is far from the truth. She is very calculated... building a case against her spouse. The losers in this situation will be the children. Shame on you Tamara! Having a child's father arrested can do a lot of damage to them. Get over yourself!

Lee

Californiabern...you are ridiculous...wait...is this Gina? Simon is a complete douche bag...PERIOD. Simon is a blatant idiot and has control issues...he has been abusive for years physically and emotionally.

Liz

Watching the episode that just aired, per Tamra's words, this is what happened. In a phonecall to Vicky, Tamra stated, "He came to the house last night, screamed, "I don't want to take this **** anymore," throws the leash, the one with the big retractable -- and he took it and he threw it -- then it went past Spencer's face and hit -- went to hit me in the face, but I put my arms up to block it. And Spencer was upset, the girls upstairs started crying, and I just sat there and I thought to myself, like, how long, how many times am I going to let it happen before I actually do something? Do I need to be in the hospital to call the cops on him? So I called, and they said, 'We'll send somebody out and we'll just take a report.' So they took a report, and because Spencer was right there, and he (Simon) did it in front of him (Spencer), they automatically were going to arrest him. So I knew, I knew I had to do something. You know, I didn't ... it was the last thing, and I never in a million years thought something so minor would get him arrested." So maybe all of you who are badmouthing Tamra should wait until you get the full story next time. But it also doesn't sound like this is the first time Simon has struck Tamra.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8