Jermaine's Child Support Plea -- I'm Broke, No Joke

9/26/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson claims he can't afford to pay child support because his business is failing and his career is in the tank -- in fact, according to new legal docs, MJ's bro can barely make ends meet.

0924_jermaine_jackson_EX_TMZ_01
Jermaine just filed new child support papers in L.A. County Superior Court -- obtained by TMZ -- grousing that he's expected to pay $3,000 a month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty ... even though his average monthly income for the last year has been under $1,100.

Jermaine is asking the judge to slash support payment to $215 a month.

According to the docs, Jermaine made a onetime appearance on "Big Brother" back in 2007, raking in a handsome $450,000 for his troubles -- but since then, Jermaine claims his business has floundered.

Jermaine claims his baby mama Alejandra not only earns more than him ... but she gets a free ride along with his kids at the Jackson compound, thanks to Katherine's generosity. Katherine has asked Alejandra to move her family into a nearby Jackson condo but Alejandra has refused and Katherine won't put her foot down.

blue pen

Hmm. Don't add up Jermaine. He's been all over the press in the last year giving interviews, he's been traveling all over the globe yet he can't afford to keep his kids. Let's hope his accountant has been paid enough to keep quiet.

lap123

I just wanted to shared a positive thing Michael would be proud of!!! :) Prince helping feed the hungry.

Still MissingMJ

PS TMZ is doing way to many negative stories they need to throw in a couple feel good stories. All the negativity is going to eventually bring their ratings down.

I Chinee

The word for today is J O B!

Yen

I get so angry when I hear people ask for a reduction in their child support because THEIR income has changed. THEY need to get their income back up and continue to provide for THEIR children- the ones who are innocent in all of this. Even if a judge should reevaluate how much support is needed in this case- there is NO WAY that $215 could cover half of their needs that child support is expected to do. It's shameful that he even suggests it. He should move in with Katherine too- get any job and provide. Call her what you will but that mother is making sure that those children are taken care of- she's a parasite refusing to leave that Jackson home- but those kids are in a safe home with all the security and luxuries MJ's kids are getting. That mother is making it happen any way she can and not letting pride get in the way.

Ty

stupid american system. the wife lives in a freakin Michael Jackson mansion, all expenses paid and gets paid while the dude is broke yet as is in many woman's natures, they squeeze and squeeze tils nothings left

Texas-Writer

Probably not a more talented family in the world. Imagine having your success as a family member/performer based on how you did compared to Michael. Jermaine and most of the family were able to crank out a few hits based on their association and help from Michael. Imagine knowing that an audience wants Michael and not you ... but you need to make a living. Most of the family members were/are receiving some form of support from Michael. I don't know if MJ was guilty of any crimes, but he was very generous and his family was at the point of complaining about it when he bought one of them an "American Made" luxury. How tacky! They will all slowly sink in a sea of BS deals trying to make more money off MJ ... most of them don't know how to earn a living any other way.

Jane (England)

Emma#22,
I can't believe what I am reading, Jermaine already has EIGHT kids, and you say that his current wife Halima is pregnant with twins!!!! I didn't know that. Well Jermaine are you going to send them to live with Grandma at Encino too?
Is there any wonder that on the other board, that Katherine is asking for more money than 26K a month.
You really make me angry, you are always claiming to be broke, yet look at the cars you drive around in! In July, you and your wife did an interview for Hello magazine here in England, the pictures of your beautiful hilltop Los Angeles mansion were absoloutely stunning.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DEFINITION OF BROKE ACTUALLY MEANS????
If I say I am broke, then that is exactly what it means, I don't have diddly squat. I wouldn't say it if I had a few million tucked away in my bank account.
Jaafar & Jermajesty live with your 80 year old mother because you told the judge that you couldn't afford to pay for child support for them. So, the court ruled that they, along with your ex-wife Alejandra should live at Encino rent free.
Just what are you going to do once your new twins are born?
You can't even look after the kids that you already have.
GO GET YOURSELF A PROPER JOB, STOP RELYING ON YOUR DEAD BROTHER'S MONEY TO GET BY.
Halima, you have my every sympathy, God help you when those twins are born. If anyone says that's a bit harsh, then yes it was meant to be. Jermaine you are disgusting.

JimmyB

Uh...Get a job.

Kelly

Doesn't the fact that his children live with his Mother account for anything?? I mean, couldn't he argue but for him they would have nowhere to live?? I dunno.

It has become very clear that Michael's father treated him far worse than I originally thought. By that I mean Michael being the primary money maker for the ENTIRE family.

They tried to make a production (and money) out of the poor man's funeral for God's sake!

Michael had one hell of a heart on him is all I can say.
Most people would be so bitter. Amazing how he kept in the positive the way he did.

***

He should just file a claim against the estate. It's not Jermaine's fault Michael died, and Michael was the sole supported of Jermaine's kids!! I mean come on!! Poor pathetic Jermaine. Brings tears to the eyes, especially knowing he has more kids on the way!! Ah, vasectomy???

Kelly

You just gave him a brilliant idea. LaToya will probably file one too.

He is worse than Octomom or Kate Gosseling!

Joe Jackson an illiterate child abuser

Jermaine is a damn waste of human flesh, always was. He is also a backstabbing bro, always was! Alejando a f***ing whore! Katherine needs to get a backbone. That whore should have moved out a long time ago! I guess they are all hoping to live off MJ. MJ didn't want to have anything to do with these fam members; he ws a a lonely man who prefered 'friends.'

OH you idiots who continue with these f@**ing conspiracy theories!! Look at the f***ing facts. MJ was introduced to Murray by one of the muslim bodyguards. MJ insisted on hiring Murray much to the chagrin of AEG who didn't want any more expenses. Where did all you conspiracists go to school - BTW Sunday school doesn't count!

lap123

another like to pics of Prince Michael helping feed starving children.

Why isn't tmz doing a story on this?

Still MissingMJ

Lee lee

I find it really quite sad that Jermaine and some of his bros..have nothing, after all their years in the "Jacksons".

mysteria333

NATASHA...OH HOW RIGHT YOU ARE ! ! ! AND THAT IS JUST A FEW OF THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING ... BUT JERMAINE YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS HAVE SO MUCH TALENT WHY ARE'NT YOU DOING SHOWS ?? JUDGING FROM YOUR DYNASTY SHOW ,, THE PROBLEM SEEMED TO BE THAT NONE OF YOU COULD GET TOGETHER FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME TO ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING..AND THE FEW TIMES YOU DID YOU NEVER ALL MUTUALLY AGREED ON ANYTHING ,,AND ACCORDING TO YOUR BROTHERS YOU WERE MIA MOST OF THE TIME.. I SAY DO SHOWS AT STADIUMS AND ANNOUNCE THAT THE SHOWS ARE BEING DEDICATED TO MICHAEL.. AND IN THE SHOW HAVE AT LEAST ONE VIDEO OF MICHAEL,, PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT.. AND THEY WILL PAY TO SEE IT..AND PLEASE FORGIVE ME JERMAINE BUT I'M CERTAIN MICHAEL DID NOT DIE ON THE 25TH OF JUNE.. I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE.. BUT I'M SURE I'M RIGHT...I WILL PRAY THAT YOU GET GUIDANCE JERMAINE.