Oprah Ticked -- School Worker Acquitted of Molestation

10/11/2010 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey is lashing out this morning -- after a South African court acquitted the woman accused of molesting little girls at the talk show queen's private leadership academy.

1011_oprah_tiny_BN_Getty
Tiny Virginia Makopo -- a former dorm matron at Oprah's Leadership Academy for Girls -- was found not guilty of trying to kiss and fondle six girls (aged 13-15) at the school back in 2007.

O adds, "I will forever be proud of the nine girls who testified with the courage and conviction to be heard."

shutupharpo

"Oprah just released a statement, claiming, "We began this child molestation trial in 2008. More than two years later, I am profoundly disappointed at the outcome of the trial." We are all disappointed at times in our lives. Most of us don't have enough money to make sure we always get our way.

The words "We began" the investigation really bother me. Isn't this a police matter, or does Harpo think she owns the police department there also. She should have let their judicial system work, even if it didn't work like she wanted it to. The jury found the lady not guilty(which is different than innocent), so live with it Harpo. Use your filthy amount of money to give away more cars or maybe some houses, not try to change a legally delivered verdict. People like Harpo are so used to getting their way, they don't know what to do if something goes against them. LIVE WITH IT.

Wiley

Jayster: Right on. The McMartin Daycare case was the first thing I thought of when I read this. That poor family was destroyed and in the end, when everyone realized that one incompetent psychologist at CPS and numerous parents had actually coached the children as to what to say, the family was still never legally cleared. There have been many more cases since. Children are easily influenced, they are born liars, and they will lie until taught different. If a psychologist tells you that children don't lie you need to just walk out and don't go back.

krystalroz

Dear Oprah..has it ever occurred to you that every once in a while you could be ...well..ok..someone has to say it...yea..WRONG?

Not everyone that claims to have been molested is telling the truth. They may be looking for fame, MONEY, attention, love or are just being mean. When will you get it?

dsw

Tiny Beiber?

ernestv

If this woman is innocent than orca has to admit that the girls lied... and if they lied than harpo has to admit that she was wrong when she hand picked the girls for the school... and we all know that can't happen... also if these girls lied, they were willing to send an innocent woman to prison for a long long time.... nice job oprah... (sarcasm)...

ernestv

carlea

as I struggle to pay tuition payments for my children who want nothing more than a college education, I can't help but think, we sure could use some help. I resent Opray's comments about American children. That type of stereotyping and generalizations doesn't benefit us. My kids don't own Ipods or expensive sport shoes and both work to help pay for their education. no one gives us anything, sure wish they would.

sasha

Well Oprah, why didn't you make sure that these employees were screened --- why did you let this happen to 9 little girls!!! Shame on you. Looks like maybe you were "out of control" on this matter and I guess on the court decision also. Do you think that they are shaking in their boots down there because you are "not happy about the outcome." Something tells me "NO". The remark about MJ being a child molester, I do not believe it --- but I do think that he was seriously molested and abused himself. A lot of people took advantage of him. So sad. Let's watch and see if something unsavory happens to this woman who was aquitted or found not guilty or whatever. It may be interesting. Oprah is a phony and I do not respect her, I think she and her money are a big reason why we have such an anti-America person in the white house. Wonder is she is going to run next. Lord help us.

Kni Noiz

Offa, you're not a queen of Africa.You might have give them forty million for a school there and ignore her fellow people who live in Chicago.But she has time to send a reporter to expose the homeless in Sacramento,what about the homeless in her hometown.Oh I forgot,she bought a town in Africa.Offa,your money is teaching children how to lie correctly to authority,so live with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3