Producers Cleared in Horrific 'Transformers 3' Crash

10/13/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Transformers 3" producers are not to blame for the terrible on-set car crash that left one female extra partially paralyzed ... this according to state investigators.

1012_transformers_3_EX

A rep for the Indiana Occupation Safety and Health Administration tells TMZ ... an investigation into the September 1 accident -- in which a tow cable snapped and sliced through Gabriela Cedillo's skull -- concluded that producers operated by the book in coordinating the fateful stunt.

Instead, IOSHA tells TMZ the accident occurred "due to the failure of a weld connecting a car to a cable. The weld was made by a certified welder and all necessary safety precautions were in place."

The IOSHA rep added, "No citations or fines will be issued. This was an unfortunate and unforeseeable accident."

As we previously reported, Cedillo -- who is now paralyzed on the left side of her body -- filed a negligence lawsuit against Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks earlier this month.

JLS

I feel terrible for her. She's going to pay for this for life. It's just not fair and I seriously doubt this investigation is genuine. Something wasn't right, that's obvious. Put me on a jury....she will need care forever throughout life. Will the production company do the right thing? If not, put me on the jury....

thehoch

Actually this extra could find some work by auditioning for the Facts Of Life movie that is looking to cast someone as Blair's cousin.

thehoch

I know, that was harsh, Gilbert Godfrey has f'd me up, of course I wish this young lady the best, I hope she can recover, and find happiness.

mike

yes, but there is something to say about letting a young model be involved in a stunt that went wrong. They will settle, oh yes, they will settle.

XX

We operated by the book, we didn't do it. The welder is certified, he didn't do it. Well, obviously someone with professional knowledge screwed up and doesn't want to take the blame/heat for it. She didn't do it and because of someone's negligence, she is partially parylized. Transformers 1 and 2, combined, made over 1.5 billion worldwide. I'm sure they can afford to set this woman up for life since it was their fault even though everyone on the production crew is playing the "it wasn't me" game.

papprorattist

the load to weight tables and the weight ratings of the cables hooks and weld ratings had to be off OR nothing would have broken.No destructive testing was done so no real life real time ratings were ever for real.Goverment is owned by hollywood so nothing new will happen there.If the pros make it to the court room which won`t happen do to out of court settlement but if they showed in the court room they would show NO real testing was ever done due to load weight and forces it broke it was underated and therefore broke and was never tested.Gov inspectors look the other way all the time untill the facts are on the table than they will be forced to defend thier job by backing up those facts.FORCE THEM TO DO THIER JOBS ot lose them and get real knowledge and real inspectors... a lady needs the goverment to defend she can`t herself and they wimpout that sucks and should be fixed.

AJ

There is no way she thought, even a stunt made to look dangerous would, actually, be dangerous. It's Hollywood, make-believe, smoke-and-mirrors. Even if she signed a waiver, no reasonable person would expect she meant to exonerate them from obvious negligence. She wasn't a stunt professional. She was a fricken extra.

Does anyone remember the horrible "Twilight Zone" tragedy in the '80's? Scared the hell out of me as a kid. Many laws were enacted due to that. It's up to the film production to ensure safety, as with any other job.

The fault was on their end. They're massively insured. Lord knows how much they'll make from this movie. They'd better pay up, and pay well. I can't believe they haven't settled by now. What j*rk-offs.

Y do he got

The forces were GREATER than the weld ratings so the welds BROKE that is NO accident that puts all those doing the stunt and weldings at fault.She was`nt doing a stunt...they were pulling the car by forces greater than the ratings of the welds.she was IN a stunt not knowing or be informed of the dangers and that is not a stunt person..a stunt person knows what to look for and the dangers and that is why they are a stunt person in the first place.Cutting corners gets people dead just ask her deadside

Briggy_haarp

just like apocalypse now helos chopin2bits extras.Without my haarp they would have got me too!.briggy

Yidmash

She`s not yiddish? why do they show her only in black&white? a dreamer extra trying2b a star?

Briggy_haarp

I would gig them put them in the brink if they ever cut off my satellite MK ultra alphawave links or my haarp or opticals I will show them what a MK is...hollywood is thugIE`ss out2rip doff unkle sammys JUNK

Y do he got

I won`t be watchin the film untill they provide for her.A settlement payment program for life for her disablement.BEEN there myself had my trust ripped and still have the trumas`s to deal with and hollywood playing moobsters wireless warfares on me 247 365 since 1964.Yes yes we will defend you pay yourt medicals and you will write songs movies teleplays and act do stunt work and the TRUMAN SHOW for real since 1964 daddywar bucks hughes.Her and I will still kick your tassys H-wood even with only half a brain and in my case half my bones and organs

papprorattist

WTF^^^4REAL?

Y do he got

we use to hide up^^^ on the hollywood sign hillys that I OWNED daddt gave me that..the only thing I wanted untill ernest lummis hollywood and thier moobster mob joined hands and ripped it off from me after the stat of limits ran out on it^^^ and the kin kin were in fear of selling those 30 acres of MINE for over 30 years.Than they dumped tham and the hollwood MOB joined togather to BUY me and dad`s sign back...the hollywood sign I owned for over 30 years ha ha ha dad and I always loved a GOOD joke and dad hated hollywood so much he got the sign and I was going to build UP^^^ there we use to have partys up there and thats where we got the ideal for dad`s hermit image sign off..it was reefer hill and booze partys 247 365 and howard hughes was KING OF THE HILL the hollywood hill and his image is forever recored as a hermit of the hollywood hills that he owned. They don`t tell you that only I tell you that

Me

Transformers was just involved in another on set accident. A car slamming into an ambulance. Did TMZ cover that? I don't know if they did and i just missed it.

AJ- What "Twilight Zone" tragedy?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments