« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Star Luna -- Death Ruled 'Accidental'

10/13/2010 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former WWE star Gertrude "Luna" Vachon died from an overdose of painkillers and anti-anxiety medication ... this according to the District Six Medical Examiner's Office in Florida.

Gertrude Luna Vachon death.

We're told toxicology results finally came back this morning -- and revealed the 48-year-old wrestler had oxycodone and benzodiazepine in her system when she died in her Florida home back in August.  The "manner of death" was ruled "accidental."

Luna's ashes were scattered last month at the North Carolina ranch where her godfather Andre The Giant was also laid to rest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Vince Robles

So unfortunate for that to happen. Luna was indeed a skilled wrestler. I remember the times she had with Goldust. Still, she will be missed alot

artie help

vince , what the hell are you talking about, what do you think this is a funeral, shut up withyour nonsense and get a grip, luna was the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubbles The Chimp

A celeb could shoot themselves in the head 5 times and examiners would rule 'Accidental'. Idiots.

JLS

Don't any of these people learn from each other's deaths? Snorting this stuff is absurd and any reasonable thinking person should KNOW it's going to end up badly. Honestly, it's just stupid on an epic level.

Robert

Looks a lot like dog the booty hunter...if he was taking testosterone shots...

Rachel Rothechild

Did the CEO Linda Machman of WWE send her condolences or is she too busy running for office for Connecticut.

TMP

I don't understand why they rule a drug overdose an accident. They were doing DRUGS and overdosed. She was clearly not taking them correctly if she was SNIFFING them. Shouldn't they rule her death a Drug Overdose. I don't really get the accidental overdose either... there is a risk when you do drugs and that risk is death.. it's not an accident if you know that it can happen. It's like those girls out there who say "I got pregnant by accident"... um... you know that having unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy, so it's not an accident, it's just engaging in risky behavior!

timsami

Holy Sht! For a second I thought Khloe Kardashian went blonde.

O from SR

I've seen this a couple times on here before and it bothers me to no end. Benzodiazepine is a class of drugs including alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), clonazepam (Klonopin), and lorazepam (Ativan) to name a few. It is used in this story, and many before, as if it were the name of a specific drug. It would be like saying "the coroner found traces of OPIOID in her system." Opioid is just the class of drug, while oxycodone is the actual drug found in her system.

Muppet

Posted at 12:51 PM on Oct 13, 2010 by TMP

I agree TMP. I was trying to get Harvey Levin to clarify how they rule overdose as opposed to accidental overdose. To me it doesn't seem to be fitting in cases where the person is clearly a druggie snorting their medication. To me an accidental overdose would be someone taking two pain killers instead of one for a headache and overdosing, not someone who is using drugs irresponsibly. Be interesting to find out how they distinguish between the two.

Larry

A drug overdose can be intentional or accidental. Someone taking a whole bottle of sleeping pills is not doing drugs for recreation, it's a suicide attempt. Someone mixes drugs of non-lethal quantities producing a lethal drug interaction and you have an accidental death.

Linda

I wonder what she was taking oxycodone for. Maybe a back injury or pinched nerve. Sounds like a drug addiction to me if she is snorting pills. Oxycodone is a wicked drug to get off of. Alot of people die everyday from this drug. My brother died in 2006 from the same drug. My heart goes out to the friends and family for their loss. It just didnt have to happen. I think they should change the law on who can prescribe this drug because it is as addicting as Herion.

Gator

>As we previously reported, investigators found crushed pill residue and snorting straws at multiple locations inside Luna's house.<

Good Bye Druggie!

Mis

Luna saved my life & my sanity... Just more proof that if there is a God - he/she has one effed up way of caring for the "good ones"... One of the best humans I've ever been lucky enough to share time with - Sometimes The Universe really sucks...

Mis

Oh, and to all of you geniuses that commented on this story - without using the walnut-sized brain that you have (this means YOU "Gator", "Muppet", "Robert", etc., and the rest of the Troglodytes!!!): Read a book. Get a life. Have some compassion. And for Everyone's sake: Please, please, please... Don't breed!!!