Christina Aguilera

Files for Divorce

10/14/2010 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera just filed for divorce from her husband Jordan Bratman ... TMZ has learned.

Christina Aguilera divorce.
Aguilera cited "irreconcilable differences" in her divorce petition obtained by TMZ, which was filed today.  It's an interesting twist, since sources tell us Christina is the one who cheated.

According to the divorce docs, there is a prenup.  The divorce petition asks that "Earnings and accumulations of [Aguilera] before marriage, during marriage and from and after the date of separation" be considered separate property.

Aguilera, who is represented by disso-queen Laura Wasser, lists the date of separation as September 11, 2010.

The petition also seeks to terminate Bratman's ability to get spousal support.

Aguilera is seeking joint physical and legal custody of their child, Max, who is 2.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ the marriage fell apart after Aguilera allegedly cheated on Bratman.  Aguilera's side refused comment.

More Christina & Jordan

1012_christina_aguilera_jordan_footer
More Today in TMZ History

awards

Another hot mama back on the market!

artie help

these are all 5 yr. contracts that are now nul and void ,there are a lot of them in the industry. tom and katie next

the_dude

Seriously, what did she ever see in this guy -he looks like he should be busing tables at some at Olive Garden - I lost total respect for her when she married this clown.

croc

his bottom lip bothers me, is that his tongue sticking out? is it a split bottom lip? where did his chin go? would not want to kiss that..too bad max looks like him..other than that, i dont care about them..divorce,, big deal.

lhartwell

I love him! I love him! I love him!

Oh......changed my mind, my bad. Not unlike so many in Hollyweird it seems. 5 whole years, my she went the distance huh?

Whatever already with all these basket cases. People stop getting married, way too many of you don't take any union seriously, just stay away from committment, so you don't end up looking like a hypocrite.

DANA

finaly she got rid of that dog

Pretty LL

Hatchet Face..... (her, not him)

CCC

What is this, the year of the divorce? Must be a new fad. Get maried...get laid...get divorced.

Ozzie X

Xtina seems like she would be a bossy nagging wife. I would just hit it and not put a ring on it.

Cinda

TMZ, you're wrong. She seeks termination to his right to collect SPOUSAL SUPPORT. In California, you cannot terminate one's right to collect child support.

Cooper

He looks like an unmade bed!

Mels

It's that time of year when divorce bells are ringin'

go home!

wow. I cannot believe all the UGLY comments you all have written about Jordan and his looks. Yeah, who cares if he treated the girl like a mother fing queen, when all other men in her life were abusive to her, forget that, he's ugly! Man, i hope karma strikes all of you, the truly ugly ones, ugly souls.

hotwildflower

Wow, incredibly rude comments about this man's appearence. I personally think he's a nice looking man and would assume she loved and married him for who he is as a person, which makes a person far more attractive than outter beauty which we all know fades.

That being said, I was a big admirer of her and just lost a bit of respect for her with filing for divorce already. Marriage is hard, it has it's ups and downs and it takes work. I think for being a "fighter", she's thrown in the towel a little too soon...unless he's done something horribly wrong.

Lord

Poor Christina. :( I love you baby!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments