'Beverly Hills Housewives' Hubby Went Belly Up

10/16/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" cast member Taylor Armstrong has a husband who has a lot in common with a big celebrity ... sadly, it's Toni Braxton.

101510_russell_armstrong_getty
Russell Armstrong filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy back in October of '05, this according to docs filed in U.S. Bankruptcy Court and obtained by TMZ.  The problem was simple ... Armstrong, an investor, said he had less than $50,000 in assets and debt somewhere between 1 and 10 million bucks.

Russell, who has been married to Taylor for seven years, says in the docs he made a boatload during the 1990's "dot.com boom" but took a huge financial hit when everything crashed. And it went from bad to worse after 9/11, with an IRS dispute and a "costly" palimony lawsuit filed by a former fianceé.

Looks like Taylor took the "for richer or poorer" part seriously.

A rep could not be reached for comment.

jjmom22

I am happier than they are...and I am poor!!

sickoffools

Many of these women started off as girls wanting to be that Princess in the big house. House gets lonely, Prince is a frog and beauty fades. What's left is vain, scared women searching for that fountain of beauty through the needle. Puffy and plastic are not attractive.

Casey Casem

If she is happy with 20% romance, then she is settling due to his bank account--so he must have one. the whole thing makes me sick..has any of these housewives every thought I love this man...not I love what this mans money can give me???

rhiannon

Taylor is making herself look less than human with all that botox and plastic surgery.

Kelly

My God - some people should never be allowed near a plastic surgeon. She could be my Halloween mask.

marvin piggly

This is hilarious...Russel Armstrong is a known stock scam artist loosing investors monies and then restarting companies under new names...Run a litigation check against this guy he is charged with fraud over and over

fitgurl

so this guy is super broke and his house is rented!! Notice that this couple gets the least playing time on the show. everyone else has real money. they don't. this guys has burned so many people...just give it a while and it will be out in the press soon

ceecil

Plastic surgery and all Tayolr seems like a nice person and she sponsers victims of domestic violence. I know for a fact Russell is an abuser and it is true a fraud man. Someone check out police reports from Beverly Hills court. Ironic isnt it? I actually feel sorry for Tayolr:(

Lidia

She's an ugly woman with LOOOOOONG LIPS....he's a cheater ....i can tell.

Lidia

Adrienne looks like a man...Kayle is pretty....Lisa is Beautiful...Camille is nuts....Kim is cute

borci

Taylor is worried about her husband leaving her for a twenty year old. He could leave her for a 20, 30, 40ish woman. Men that are wealthy have quite a wide range of women. Not fair is it. The worst part is have you seen some of these god ugly men.

d brenner

The 90s was a long time ago - what the heck is she throwing a $50,000 birthday party for her 4 year old daughter who didn't even get it for if they owe all this money?

tina

They may be botoxed as hell, not that attractive and had/have financial problems...The only thing this makes them is HUMAN!!!!! and we tune in to watch and comment...humm!!!!

sara D

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY FACE LIFTS SHE HAS HAD HER FACE IS STREACHED SO TIGHT THE ONLY THING THATS WORSE ARE THOSE FISH LIPS TAYLOR STOP THE MADDNESS!!!

Jennifer

I personally spent time with the couple in their home while visiting with my then husband. I was totally disgusted in the way Taylor tended to her daughter. One example I witnessed,was when Kennedy was potty training and had an accident, Taylor was doing nothing and asked the nanny to take change her daughter. Taylor did say to me that she did not want to have children. She said she was a career women before the marriage and expressed that to Russell. Taylor also confided in me that Russell has physically abused her as well as his ex-wives on many occasions. My ex-husband has known him for 20 some years and said he rented his home and filed bankruptcy. My ex is a narcissist and by the smile( research NPD) on Russell and Taylor they are a match made in Beverly Hills! I think she is not with him for the money, she is with him for the contacts. He was initially with her for her looks but probably beat her down about every imperfection, thus resulted in over done really bad plastic surgery. Taylor is in her early 30's and didn't need any work done. She is obviously very insecure and will be even more so when Russ leaves her because of her "Looks"…….," Irony is a bitch"! Go back to Oklahoma and beg to be accepted, it will be easier than after the humiliation this show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments