Mel Gibson's 'Hangover' Replacement -- Liam Neeson

10/22/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel's out, Liam's in -- after a huge backlash against Mel Gibson's would-be cameo role in "The Hangover 2" ... "A-Team" star Liam Neeson has been tapped to fill the role ... according to Variety.

1022_liam_mel_bn_getty_tmz
Liam tells Variety -- "I just got a call to do a one day shoot on 'Hangover' as a tattooist in Thailand ... that's all I know about it" ... and the whole deal went through his "A-Team" pal, Bradley Cooper.

As we first reported, Mel Gibson was 86'd from the role -- in which he would have played a tattoo artist -- after friends of the cast put political pressure on the actors to raise hell.

Among the ringleaders -- we're told,
Zach Galifianakis.

SayWhat

No way will I give a single dollar to this hypocritical bunch of juvinile idiots or the studio that is making it.

Joseph

I'm glad that the cast raised hell for the casting of "wife beater,Racist, and deranged" mel gibson from participating in that movie.Mel has no business right now been cast in any movie.He hasn't done anything to rehabilitate himself,and this hasn't explain all his racist rants agaisnt "gays,jews,blacks,mexicans", I'm I forgetting anybody else.

This was a really irresponsible thing by this director casting mel in light of everything that is going on with mel gibson.I for one will never watch any movie that mel gibson is involved with.It just shock me how people on this board keeps making excuses for him.

He needs to go away for a long time,and get the help that he needs. He will never be accepted in hollywood again. He also needs to stop this eternal battle with with his ex oksana, and stop trashing the mother of his child. It's just not cool, she did nothing to you, except recorded your crazy rants.

Just do us a favor, just go away man.

Joseph

BrAnBa

There is something strange about all this.
Kicking out an actor of Mel´s dignity the day before shooting?
That sounds extremely costly - there must be a clausul in the contract protecting the actors from a sudden dismissal and loss of expected income. I cannot imagine Mel NOT having something like that in the contract.

And one day before shooting they just happen to find another wellreputed actor, just sitting around doing nothing, jumping in with almost no notice at all.

I don´t believe this story. There is something else going on.
Was Mel even contracted?

Hahaha

Karma is a bi_tch isn't it Mel? You better just pack up and move back to Australia and be a sheep farmer or something. Mel Gibson is NOT WANTED in the movie business these days.

Mel has shown the world what he's like in his "real life" and it's not pleasant. His "inner azzhole" has really come out in the last 5 years or so! We don't want to see it. He used to be "cool" when he was younger. Not anymore.

Say goodbye to Hollywood Mel!

Posted at 12:30 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Mike

Well he'll go to back to Australia when you go back to Germany! Oh...I forgot that you can't go there cause they don't want you there and expressed this quite well the last time that I checked! you worthless pos...

Tellthetruth59

LOL! I'm on a roll. Don't get in my way. It's working for the most part.

Posted at 12:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
...

what did you do to meltheloser today
looks like he burned his closet

Posted at 12:31 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by TMZgossip
---------------------------------

? You lost me TMZG. Elaborate before I call you a bigot *g*

dsw

But have thought about Tyson being in the 1st one, he's threatened to eat children, may have beat Robyn Givens and may have raped that other lady, did spend time in the slammer. So on 2nd thought, the cast is being hypocritical. But I'm still happy that tipsy, bigot sMELl is not working. But with his $$$, he should just go away and reflect.

SayWhat

Wow....you people actually make Mel look good. No wonder he attracts hateful bigots to follow him like a cult leader.

Pathetic.

Posted at 12:36 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by TrixLaRue
==========================================
Have you thought the same of Mike Tyson, the CONVICTED rapist, batterer, ear biter?

Pathetic

Tammy

Liam made a movie about saving jews, Schindler's List, and Mel made a movie about jews as murderers, The Passion. This has nothing to do with Oksana or the tapes.

Bill F. Murray

Pretty good scheme by Galifianakis if you think about it...if it weren't for this little stunt no one would give a rat's @ss about this stupid movie.

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 12:40 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Tammy
-------------------

Good observation Tammy!

Danielle

I won't see the movie, but I love Liam, I think I have watched "Taken" about 8 times, and he was so good in Schindler's List. He is a good actor, he had nothing to do with Mel being ousted, I bet when they offered him the cameo he didn't even know about Mel being offered it first.

mousehouse

Stevo..your feelings hurt by what Mel said when he was wasted off his a s and what he was saying during an emotional private fight with a sleazy broad who tricked him into recording him and teaking the recording? Ah dittums feelings get hurt? poor little Stevo...So sorry you are so bitter and disgruntled....ahhhh

Fidel's niece

I'll bet my bottom dollar that
Ari Emanuel "The Jewish Prince of Hollyweird"
was among "friends that put political presure
on actors to raise hell"? ***Team Mel***

Babushka

I don´t believe this story. There is something else going on.
Was Mel even contracted?

Posted at 12:38 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Kaprifol

don't get me wrong. I think there IS more to this than meets the eye, I agree with you on that. But I'm not surprised. Hollywood is the Whore of Babylon and always has been. The actions of people down there no longer surprise me. These are people who reward gold diggers, pedophiles and other misc. sub-humans. Business is done with a slap on the back, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean????
;)
All while some poor slob is being paid less than minimum wage in their homes, gardens and bathrooms. (Can you imagine having to clean bathrooms for these people???? Ew!!!)

I just hope Liam Neeson doesn't say anything stupid against Mel. I would hate to have to boycott him too.

Friend?

I get so tired of people who doesn´t have the guts to stand by someone you believe is innocent whom hasn´t even been convicted, not to mention not even arrested and the accuser herself is under investigation for extortion!

Ok Mel was upset and shouted on the edited tapes but there´s no evidence of anything else!