Mel Gibson's 'Hangover' Replacement -- Liam Neeson

10/22/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel's out, Liam's in -- after a huge backlash against Mel Gibson's would-be cameo role in "The Hangover 2" ... "A-Team" star Liam Neeson has been tapped to fill the role ... according to Variety.

1022_liam_mel_bn_getty_tmz
Liam tells Variety -- "I just got a call to do a one day shoot on 'Hangover' as a tattooist in Thailand ... that's all I know about it" ... and the whole deal went through his "A-Team" pal, Bradley Cooper.

As we first reported, Mel Gibson was 86'd from the role -- in which he would have played a tattoo artist -- after friends of the cast put political pressure on the actors to raise hell.

Among the ringleaders -- we're told,
Zach Galifianakis.

Muppet

Yes, this Osanka freak is a golddigger. She makes me want to vomit. But, old Mel picked her--you get what you get. But his awful, raging, twisted comments, "Blow me, Blow me, I need to be blowed" is some of the most sickening beavior I've ever heard. He's a hateful PIG. I would never watch another movie he was in. And he's a hideous cult like Catholic, I read where Osanka says he's practically nuts, afraid of dying and going to hell. The man must be so tortured. I think he's mentally ill.

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Cynthia J

And of course Oksana wouldn't lie would she? LMAO

gonesi

I noticed they filled Mel's place pretty quick. I'm sure that was to make sure that no one got him the spot back. (Like he would touch it now.)

I will never watch either of these guys Zack or the other one, nor will I watch anything this producer does that wouldn't stand his ground. wimp!

SayWhat

Harvey, I see that in most articles about Mel Gibson, you seem to favor his side. I hate the way that you are making Oksana the victim and glorifying Mel Gibson as if he's not a douchebag. If the other cast members had a problem with a racist, egotistical abuser being in their cast, so be it. Who are you to report their names and reference them sarcastically.

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Lasonya
===========================================
Be honest, what you really hate is that TMZ is not ROL. Because TMZ is not rabidly condemning Mel.
If you want to roll with the haters, go to a different site, theres plenty of them.
As far as the cast of HO2 and apparently yourself... they/you would rather work with a convicted rapist/batterer/ear biter. Good luck with that.

Tammy

Has everyone forgotten why we hate Mel in the first place? He's a god damned racist anti-semite. Remember?

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

I never hated Mel in the first place.

SiouxCityBoy

No Mel Gibson, no need to watch the Movie.

cluetrain

I thought Leonardo DiCaprio was a pusillanimous ***** but looks like the crew of #Hangover2 is an even lamer bunch of cowardly sycophants.

Muppet

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Lasonya

Favouritism all the way by reporting he just lost out on a job? How's that favouring him?
Go have a cry you'll feel better.

skhg

I'd like to see Mel with a larger role, in a better movie. Watched Hangover one time, and have no desire to see it again. It was ok but, nothing special. Won't be watching Hangoever 2.

who farted

I like Liam but Mel would of been great. I'm boycotting Hangover 2

Muppet

Mel Gibson is being descriminated against for his mental illness. So he'ss said these aweful things, but, aside from his prostitute ex-girlfriend, can anyone come forward and say he has harmed anyone? It's not like he doped up a 13 year old girl and sodomized her.

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Jeff Dranetz

Well said! Don't forget they cast Mike Tyson a rapist and an abuser. I'll take Mel's yelling any day over these other two idiot losers.

cat54

Liam was up and coming in The Bounty with Mel Gibson. I hope he refuses to do this film based on that fact.

gonesi

Why does he have to ask forgiveness from the jews?? I'm sure he asked God's forgiveness that should be sufficient. These jewish people that write this crap about him are over the top!

Posted at 1:22 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Muppet

He did appologize, but that wasn't good enough. If you read the email, they are as pissed over the the movie big time. But it is ok to have a blog site called Hollywood Jew and put out emails like that, and then sorry little creeps like gimmeabreak runs around saying in so many words, 'we can't help it if we are superior'. I'm sorry but that attitude gets them thrown out of every country. "We are superior" How disgusting!

6one9

I call bull S-H-I-T!!! Mel deserves to ``still do movies ``` WTF already!!!! Hope OG gets ``deported ``` ASAP!!!

Confused

Funny how on the TMZ comments, the only people that put down other posters are the ones against Mel Gibson. Hypocrit much? So tired of anyone who thinks slightly different than the REAL haters in this country is called a racist...guess what, I don't like Obama but it sure ain't because he's black. I'm a conservative, therefore I support the Jews, while the Libs want them to bow to the Muslims who want to KILL everyone that doesn't agree withthem...and Muslims are terrorists. And who cares who's gay...jeez...like I care what anyone is doing in their bedroom

Posted at 1:21 PM on Oct 22, 2010 by Kathy

I AM A LIBERAL--I DO NOT CARE IF YOU ARE BLACK OR WHITE, JEW OR CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM (ALL MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORISTS) what has happened here is so unjust. it is completely about money. Oksana trying to get whatever she can (unjustly), Hollywood, trying to blackmail Mel because of the Passion of Christ. This world is full of bigots, and I mean exteme bigots, not the one you will find in your office. This is what is happening right now and with this complete story. Someone said what he believe and it did not fit, take him down. GO MEL!!!!

Anon

I'm glad that Mel Gibson is being shunned. He has referred mockingly to Hispanics as "wetbacks," suggests his wife might be raped by a bunch of "******s," and accused Jews of everything that's wrong in this world, called a female police officer "sugar tits," an obviously sexist remark, made diaparaging remarks about gays. The tapes his wife made show he is a violent man out of control. He is the white man's answer to OJ Simpson--someone who gets away with too much because they are celebrities. To sum it up, Mel Gibson is a bigot deserving of disdain.

Sandra, very well said. TMZ spends all day and night every day with a little cluster of Mel fans, defending him for his reprehensible behavior. And they are angry because people don't approve of him? Amazing.