Steven Slater: I DID Get Whacked on Flight 1052

10/27/2010 5:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater insists he really did get smacked in the head on flight 1052 back in August ... but claims the meltdown was "the perfect storm of bad manners."

1027_slater_cnn_video
Slater appeared on "Larry King Live" last night ... and for the first time, gave a blow-by-blow description of what he says went down in the moments before he snapped, grabbed two brewskis and jumped down the emergency slide.

Michael

This guy is a nutjob and I hope he goes to jail!

Mari

Just saw this "guy" interviewed on the Today Show and if he isn't the most obnoxiously smug with his attitude and over-the-top-affected mannerisms I don't know who is. 100% tacky, classless and laughable. Thankfully, he'll never work one of my flights. Good riddance you whack job!

Thom

It's Charles Nelson Reilly!

eve

he stated he is now a recovering alcoholic.... It seems his alcoholic behavior had become unmanageable and the results were what happened over the summer....he hit his bottom so to speak

djdeej94

I don't care what anyone else says. I like him. He was blunt and straight forward. He acknowledged what he did was wrong and apologized to all the other passengers. The passenger who caused the final "smack" & his explosion.. may she rest in hell where she belongs... They can't find her because she'll pay TONS OF FINES!!! The other passengers are witnesses to her not following procedures per airlines. Thank God he stepped in - went nuts - and left the plane on a slide... still funny as hell...

tgrfan42069

he did this to get a little fame...too bad no one really cares about him except for TMZ..but we know they love the gays over her

ManiacalZebra

So all the sober, sane people who said the gash was there were lying? It was HIS and only his bad manners that set this whole thing off.

moveover

An irrelevant nobody trying desperately to parlay his little hissy fit into 15 minutes of fame! Like the person above, I watched him on ABC this morning being interviewed and he's super creepy! It's amazing how we reward bad behavior from sleezy characters like this guy.

Linda

He lost his temper and blew a job out the window. Now he getting paid for interviews for his bad behavior. Its just amazing what makes news these days. He should have to pay for damages and the stress he caused others on the plane. I dont think he will be getting his job back or another one on a different Airline. What if he lost it again and attack a passenger. I bet he was drinking when this happened. Hopefully he will get the help he needs.