Eddie Munster

Rehab for 40-Year

Drug Addiction

11/11/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Butch Patrick -- the guy who played the original Eddie Munster -- has checked himself into a New Jersey rehab facility to seek treatment for a 40-year addiction to cocaine, weed and alcohol.

1110_butch-patrick-eddie-munster-getty_ex_2
Patrick's rep tells TMZ ... the 57-year-old actor checked himself in to the rehab clinic Wednesday afternoon -- in an effort to "get a grip on his addiction and educate himself."

We're told Patrick's family has been pushing for the actor to seek professional help for roughly 30 years ... and are "very happy and supportive" of his decision.

Patrick's rep adds, "We have thought he could possibly be a product of the child star problem ... and are thankful he will take control of his fate.”

JLS

Who cares? Let him have his privacy after all, he's not some current star that owes us anything.

James R. - Los Angeles

Behind every former 'child star' with a drug or alcohol problem, are the parents that push their own wills and unfulfilled dreams of stardom onto their kids.

Kelly

Wow! If you put him in a little dutch boy outfit he'd look just like Eddie Munster!! Dude didn't change at all. Funny!!

Observer999

Good luck to him.

dumas1000

A least he can be glad he's a man. Because if he was a woman, he'd be getting cyber-bullied, big time. Since he is a man, however, not surprisingly this thread is empty, and nobody cares.

1001dumases

good2C old eddie veder getting some help now maybe with voice lessons he can fly his p[ahttas2canada

niles

40 years? He rushed right in for help with that didn't he.

WiddoMouse

Best of luck, Butch. It doesn't matter at what age you get clean and sober. It's still a big accomplishment.

alexis

DAMN! 40 years..good luck dude! I do not know why it took someone 40 years to actually put you in rehab but eh, -shrugs- people are idiots sometimes or they finally convinced him to do it or your just that heavy..haha not funny jk :D

Quinn

"Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck **** for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some **** for marijuana? "

Carl

He also needs treatment to his addiction to playing Eddie Munster. From what I've seen and read he basically spends his life milking his Munster fame for every last drop.

TXluvsMJ2

I'm thinking that this impending marriage to his fan that he's recently found again, and whom he has known for 30 or 40 years, has something to do with it. Seems like she's already making a positive impact in his life. Regardless of why he's decided to clean up after so long, good luck to him.

mrspatrickcampbell

Are there nude photos of Grandpa Munster?

marcoe

Dude, your lucky to be alive at that age. coke will stop that ol heart. Just ask Kevin DuBrow & the OX John Entwistle, both of whom did coke in their 50's. GL dude and I hope and pray you start a whole new life

catt

This has-been idiot ripped me off on his website. He had come to my website and signed my guestbook. So, I visited his site and purchased an autographed photo of him for $21.00.
I paid immediately and I never got it.
When I wrote and asked about it, I was ignored.

Probably kept the money for his drug habits.

Since that time I haven't cared a bit about him or what happens to him. It's worth losing the $21 just to see life turn around and bite him on the ass.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments