Oksana Grigorieva

Defies Judge with Larry King

11/14/2010 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva has defied the judge in her custody war with Mel Gibson by taping an interview with Larry King Saturday night, TMZ has learned ... and it's Oksana's opening salvo in "speaking out on behalf of battered women."

1114_king_ox_tmz_exd_6

Sources connected with Oksana tell TMZ she did the interview because "she feels she's been silent too long and feels bad for other battered women if she stays silent." Sources tell TMZ Oksana is now working with a group called Peace Over Violence -- an L.A.-based battered women's group -- and she's planning a number of news conferences in the near future.

We're told Larry King played portions of a number of the tapes Oksana secretly recorded, in which Mel goes crazy. King asks for her reaction to the various tapes.

And we're told Oksana repeats over and over that she believes Mel is a great father, but he needs therapy to deal with his issues so he can safely be around Lucia.

Oksana is also working with a lobbying group in Sacramento -- California Partnership to End Domestic Violence -- on battered women legislation.

Ray

If anyone has been paying attention to those who talk in favor of Ms. Oksana you will see that the tapes continue to be brought up. With all that has gone on, Ms. Oksana's team want to put the limelight back on the tapes. It is a deflective tactic.

Tellthetruth59

The interview was supposed to be a half hour but ended up being a full hour?

Does anyone need any more proof that this woman is a complete narcissist and a sociopath? Me... me... me... pay attention to me... me ... me... screw the fact that I may lose custody of my daughter.... me... me... me...

Mel didn't do justice to this beotch in his rants. I don't think there are enough foul terms in the English language to describe this c.unt.

Stacy

There's another thread about the gold digger.

gracious

This girl needs to get a clue. If she keeps destroying Mel Gibsons reputation, where will she get money from? If I was a man in tinseltown, I'd run from her.

ic

Big Mistake what are her lawyers thinking..This was a very bad move for her...Spare me with her joining all these domestic violence groups..she does a disservice to battered woman and I hope the Judge gives it to her she is a poor excuse for a woman and a gold digger..everyone is turning on her she should have kept her mouth shut like a lady she is not and this baby is her meal ticket she thinks...the judge will have no mercy.

kickaboo

Well now, we seen what happened to Dan O'Malley, didn't we? When he backed Oksana? Very visible before the election with Horowitz and Ox but where has he been since? Used that DV platform, to try and load up his voters on his train. So since he didn't get elected, where is Dan O'Malley?

river rat

I was a victim of domestic abuse. He beat me one time....ONE TIME...and I was outta there. I had two children, a dog, no job, no money, and I could not leave fast enough. I did not wait around to tape phone calls, gather evidence and whatever else this Russian whore conspired to do. I would not want this moron advocating on my behalf. She is an insult to true victims of domestic violence. I'm on Mel's side here!

REYNALDO

I DON'T BELIVE NOTHING SHE SAID. ALL SHE WANTS IS MEL MONEY. GET A REAL JOB.... ASS

Belinda

I am wondering if we are going to see Gloria Aldred standing beside Oksana in news conference ... in the next few days.

It's sounds about right that Aldred should come out of the shadows right about now.

gonesi

Ok I'm just trying to see the logic here. If she goes on national TV for 1 full hour telling all the negative things she can about Mel Gibson, how does she expect him to retain the ability to pay her 50,000. a month in support?

I would also like to say, I thought the gag order was lifted so I'm not sure how she would be going against the judges orders in the now non exsitant gag order. Can anyone explain this to me?

Do the math

Maybe doing Larry King will turn out to be a good thing. It'll royally tick off the judge, and there's no way she'll be able to keep her story straight - more fodder for Mel's attorneys to use against her.

Firefly

Hi Spider,

The group should point out that Oxy came to them and offered to be a spokesperson but that they regrettably had to decline because of conflicts of interests. That way they could save face and not back the wrong horse.

Annie

"Oksana did the interview (which was supposed to only last a half-hour but ended up an hour) along with one of her lawyers, Marty Garbus -- this despite Judge Scott Gordon telling Oksana that if she did media, she might pay when it comes to awarding custody ... this according to Oksana's team." (quoted from story above)

Anything Ox says in the interview is fair game for Mel's lawyers to use in court.

Celtic

California Partnership to End Domestic Violence

Peace Over Violence -- an L.A.-based battered women's group

When I read stories like this, the one thing that jumps out at me is, why are these groups that are suppose to be so knowledgeable about D V listening to and believing the crap that is being spewed from a proven liar and extortionist. It only makes them look bad and irresponsible in their judgment. To have this woman represent DV survivors is a slap in the face to true survivors and will only hurt their cause in the long run. People will no longer just believe what comes out of their mouth if they loose faith in then as a group. They need to open their eyes and see the whole picture before backing the wrong Ox, I mean horse.

Posted at 8:54 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by Firefly

You took the word right out of my mouth!

Posted at 9:06 AM on Nov 14, 2010 by Celtic

Sorry. Should read "words". I'm so angry at OG's latest BS that I'm typing too fast.

Bubba

Apparently all a woman has to do is claim DV and everyone jumps on her wagon. How does any man stand a chance?

There's a special place in Hell for this woman and all like her.