« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco Proposes

... With 10 Carat Ring

11/16/2010 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada is now the future Mrs. Chad Ochocinco -- TMZ has learned the NFL star popped the question today ... and used a 10-carat engagement ring to seal the deal.

Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco Engaged
Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ... Chad proposed to Evelyn -- his GF of 4 months -- today in Cincinnati. She had flown in from Miami just yesterday to visit.

Lozada obviously said yes ... because she just tweeted a picture of the ridiculous ring (above) -- saying, "I'm no rabbit but 10 carats looks good on me!! Let the hating begin."

So far, no wedding date has been set -- we're told the couple plans to be engaged for a while.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kate

She's not nearly as cute as she seems to think she is. The first time I saw a picture of her face front, I thought it was a drag queen. You can't get class from marrying rich, that's for sure. Just trashy, trashy, trashy.

chuy

chad,chad,chad hooo man hooo man.

Emily

he better get a good prenup, have you seen basketball wives. Please it should be called golddiggers ex. All of them are ex basketball players wives. Maybe something is wrong with his head. We will be laughing all the time until the divorce.

Frankie Rene

I hope you read this Chad. I am not into football and say that to let you know that I am not familiar of your fame as a player and I am not bias. However, I am informed of how much you players are worth--saying that I am a mother of a 29 year old male, who I love and I speak from a motherly position. Please listen...this girl does not love you, she is only interested in your money..if this is not a publicity project, then please do not marry this girl. God has the perfect wife for you, one who will love you truly as your own mom would want for you. What is making you smile today will have you crying tomorrow. Rethink this one son..

PEEPTHIS1000

IF TMZ CAN PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO THE CHICK FROM THE "CONTEST WHORE HOUSE"....I MEAN FROM THE DATING SHOW HE WAS HOSTING......LOL.....WHAT DOES SHE THINK AND WHY DID HE LET THAT GROUPIE .....I MEAN LADY....GO???????

wendy

thought you were saving yourself for meeeeeeeee

Stacey Hipsman

I don't know what sources you went to, but the proposal occured at the 12th Annual MBSHS(Miami Beach Alumni Senior High School) Alumni Association Hall of Fame, honoring 7 distinguished alumni, Chad, being one of them. He did the proposal via phone on microphone when he was accepting his award, his entire family was there, including grandmother Bessie Flowers..for more information soon and the real story go to www.beachhigh.com where an article detailing the entire occurence will be printed and pictures...

REALbarbwire7

What makes her a w hore? He seems like a very generous and caring person. On dancing with the stars, he gave his partner a diamond ring to say "thank you". He doesn't seem like he's about the money. He obviously has plenty of it. But he does seem like he wants other people to be happy. If you make $50k a year, and gave your girl a 1-carat diamond ring, it would be alot. But you would (I hope) want to give her something that bowled her over. Be nice. I think he's the real deal, and I hope that she knows how lucky she is. I would like to think she does.

Stacey Hipsman

by the way..contrary to horrific rumors..Evelyn Lozada was sweet, wonderful..and all of his family and friends present at the Miami Beach Senior High School Alumni Association Hall of Fame event were exceptionally happy for both of them. Real details of the event will be posted at www.beachhigh.com in the new few days. MBSHS Hall of Fame is one of the most prestigious high school alumni association events in the country. Ambassadors, Senators, stars..Secretary of the Treasury..and other outstanding individuals have been honored. Chad Johnson was the school's first african american inductee..and the school is exceptionally proud of his contributions both to sport but to humanity.

Mike

Are you serious!! 4 months equals 10 carats... Ocho, do you see all that is going on relationships in the news... Hope you going to be engaged for many years to come

bigbone 369

come on Ocho i know your shaper then that?

kenya

well well well look a hear look a hear....who is 2 say if he really aint in love? is he? first basketball wifes now a football wife.? she sure nows how to pick her BALLS! LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FoxyKym

I was going to say I am shocked, but her name tells me she is spanish and he said that's all he likes. Break his but girl. He is stupid anyways!!!!

Vivian

OK!!!! SHE was the one on "Basketball Wives," (i couldn't help myself yall, I watched em all) who said that she would NEVER date/marry a professional athlete again!! I knew the heffa was lying!! How else could she afford her lavish lifestyle? Besides that horrible shoe store she owns that is always non-existent of customers, and the child support from her ex, she needed a "Chad" to come along and be her captain save a hoe!

Kdee

Have you all not read that they plan to be engaged for a while? and did you not know Evelyn has her own money!? She's had money before Ochocinco came along ...and she will if he's gone too... so don't comment on **** you dont know! thanx :)