« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Ochocinco Proposes

... With 10 Carat Ring

11/16/2010 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada is now the future Mrs. Chad Ochocinco -- TMZ has learned the NFL star popped the question today ... and used a 10-carat engagement ring to seal the deal.

Evelyn Lozada and Chad Ochocinco Engaged
Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ... Chad proposed to Evelyn -- his GF of 4 months -- today in Cincinnati. She had flown in from Miami just yesterday to visit.

Lozada obviously said yes ... because she just tweeted a picture of the ridiculous ring (above) -- saying, "I'm no rabbit but 10 carats looks good on me!! Let the hating begin."

So far, no wedding date has been set -- we're told the couple plans to be engaged for a while.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JustSayin'

I give the whole thing "ocho-cinco" days........

melmel

why in the hell didn't he put the 10 ct in ONE stone? WTF? i wouldn't have accepted it. that's just wrong. i don't get it. it's a waste of money.

db

"I'm no rabbit but 10 carats looks good on me!! Let the hating begin."

yeah right. that's gonna work out well. what i don't get is why these guys want to marry these fame whores? they can have as many of them as they want, every one better looking than the next. they let one lock them down, and it's nothing but drama. these guys need to only date bisexual women and take them with them on their conquests as their "manager of ***** relations".

just my two cents.

Hater C

Dumb Ass!!!!!!! Dumb Ass!!!!!! Dumb Ass!!!!!

jgxhgt

thats a shame

dae

Hey, i live in cincinnati i saw the newly engaged couple at a club called the mixx friday night , everyone was having a great time but she was just sitting around acting all stuck up and mean mugging the rest of the females that were in there.Im a woman and i can smell a gold digger from a mile a way......but i could smell her before i left my house.

Katie

Who are you people to judge her without even knowing her. You can't always judge a book by its cover. Love comes in all different sizes, colors and shapes. If this woman make him happy, well then let him be happy. You are not Ochocinco and have not lived a day in his shoes. Nor do you know what is right or wrong for him. Love is in the eye of the beholder. Sure she has been in the spot light before, well so has he. They may just surprise you all and have a very long happy married life together. I say more power to him for finding love. And I hope the best for the two of him.

Tacy

A beautiful pratically broke woman can get rich over night with a stratigic plan. I hope she get him for everything he got. Maybe he can appreciate a real sista. Hell he might change his name again after he get taken to the bank lol.

karenjj

I watched Basketball Wives and my first though was - you can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl. Enough said.

BBY

More power to you Evelyn, you are so right when you said there would be haters. Let's face it, she's a beautiful woman and he needs a trophy wife to enhance his status;So whatever price he pays... so be it!

amy rodriguez

u r sooooooooo silly to think u canbe happy

lya

They deserve each other, if these are the types of women these rich men want good for them.

Beautiful Woman

I like Evelyn. Why be with a broke man? I feel Chad is getting the better deal. Evelyn should be careful of "hidden fees" with
Chad and by fees I mean physical issues. Evelyn is used to money, get the money! Remember though, what goes around, to all parties involved!!!

lalalala

Cincinnati bought that ring and it sounds like she hates Cincy....may the bird of paradise fly up your nose Ev!

Superdiva

I don't see anyone 'hating' on her. I watch the show and Evelyn is the messiest and trashiest one to me. She's no lady and has no class. That's my issue. I just think with all the women he probably comes in contact with that he would have met someone who doesn't carry herself so cheaply. She's always keeping up confusion on the show and curses like a sailor; and her looks are okay but she has that 'hard' pretty look - like she's been around the block more than a few times. I just think he could do better and pick someone with better class - not someone who is messy, cheap, drama-ridden, dresses like a prostitute all the time, with tattoos all over her back and nude photos of herself all over the Net. I don't think she's anyone to be jealous of because she's low caliber and of low quality - just not a smart choice.