Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

s

Really - busting Willie for weed is like shooting fish in a barrel. Must have been a slow day for the BP...

MurphyslawNeuro

Are we ready to end the prohibition, to tax marijuana and change our game plan the "war on drugs"?

wisey

My grandmother has all sorts of prescriptions that are MUCH more powerful than marijuana and it is completely legal. It is ridiculous that someone can get arrested for having a plant.

LVX156

Well I don't know if I'm coming or going
If it's them or me
Oh, but one things for certain
Willie Nelson only smokes killer weed !!!!

Harassing an old man?
Great protecting us from his munchies?

Idiots

hammerhand

I ask this question as many times as I can in as many forums as I can to as many people as I can. I am not trying to ask those who agree with me about de-criminalization this question. I am not interested in preaching to the choir. I want to ask the people who seemingly disagree with legalization this question. I want to ask this question of those who think what happened to Willie Nelson today was good and right. Here goes:

WHY IS MARIJAUNA ILLEGAL?

renhater

HA HA this is great...keep on smokin' Willy. This is why we look up to you. First the IRS and now the DEA, gotta love ya buddy. It was 6 oz. and willy...leave him alone.

Nicole

they need to legalize weed already and leave willie nelson alone already

gimmeabreak

I'm very, very disappointed TMZ hasn't name the officers involved in the arrest. If you bust Willie for pot you should know damned well that your name is about to be published far and wide as the arresting officer and your every action will be up for public debate, ridicule and condemnation. I would love to see the police report this guy wrote about the incident too... not that i'll believe the statements are truthful. I've stood on the sidelines and witnessed too many incidents were the police is chock full of embellishments, mis-statements and flat out lies to bolster the case against the defendant. I wish i still trusted the cops like i was raised to as a child, but there's nothing trust worthy about them. They're just like everyone else in society. Crooks, thieves, liars, cheaters, pious a-holes living secret lives on the side, etc. Shame on them.

gimmeabreak

willy is an idiot and deserves what he gets,,anyone with half a brain knows you dont travel with 6 oz of pot..always keep it below an oz ..the old bastard im sure will get off but he should go right to jail for being stupid...its things like this that will keep pot from being decriminalized,,thats willy you old bastard.....

Posted at 4:52 AM on Nov 27, 2010 by MIDNIGHT TOKER

--------------------------------

If you think a famous and well liked old man like Willie Nelson getting busted for pot possession by the feds is the kind of thing that'll keep pot from ever being decriminalized your a moron. I mean really... *rolls eyes*

Jeff

Leave him alone! Damn!

sickofit

Busting Willie Nelson for pot, is the same as shooting fish in a barrel. No challenge.

sickofit

Republicans amaze me. Not wearing a helmet, taking a drink, smoking pot are all things people can decide to do to their own bodies. They are always talking about Americans losing their freedoms, but they are always the first to try to pass laws to stomp on those freedoms if they think it is against their idea of what the Bible says. So hypocritical.

His Prince Michael

*Note: Previous attempt to post, suppressed by
Fascist "U.S." "Government" agencies*

I do not advocate the Cannibus Sativa, however, if an
adult exercises their God-given Free-Will to use any
NATURAL herb, this is a purely individual choice.

This action, by agents of the U.S. Department of
"Homeland Security" is merely a microcosm of daily-increasing
Fascist activites, by a Godless and Oppressive "Government".

I have three-words for ALL Fed-Weasels: YAHWEH, is GREATER!

Shakes the Clown

Wille Nelson and Tommy Chong should have a medical marjuana free pass card. They are both known stoners and, Never hurt a fly. As for Willie, This mab has raised more money for farmers than anybody else. For that my friends what ever comes out of the earth, Willie shoul be allowed to smoke it! xoxo

hammerhand

You would think, given the billions of dollars in US government resources allocated to control marijuana annually, the an answer to the simple question "Why is marijauna illegal?" would be quickly forthcoming. Yet it isn't; so I will pose it again.

WHY IS MARIJUANA ILLEGAL?