Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

BSweet

Free Willie!!

ty

leave this man alone for christ's sake.

George

??? While they were detaining Willie for a small amount of personnel stash...20 illegals made it across the border with who knows what.

javid

oh my God.. he could have killed so many people....
( i am so sick of this stupid law ) yes it sHould be legal!!

matt

American pot laws are bull****.. lets hold this jail cell for a 60 year old man who likes to smoke pot... he smokes his weed and becomes a hazard not only to himself but to other people as well..

lvx156

Well I don't know if I'm coming or going
If it's them or me
Oh, but one things for certain
Willie Nelson only smokes killer weed

Chester Snavely

The only trouble with Austin is that it is surrounded by Texas...

Rocky

I've suffered from a spinal disease for 30+ years. Doctors are OK giving me the stongest of pain pills that stop helping due to tollerance. But mention pot and your a criminal. Stress is my biggest enemy, and like Willie says, Pot helps. I can't use it or I get cut off the little relief I get. Legalize it already and give me amd millions a semblence of a tollerable life.

lvx156

Clutch - Willie Nelson

Well I don't know if I'm coming or going
If it's them or me
Oh, but one things for certain
Willie Nelson only smokes killer weed

Cameron

Willie Nelson is in Jail for having Marijuana? Like he's the least threat to society.. America is a disgrace.. I'm embarrassed to say I'm from America because of **** like this.. Can't wait to move.

KAM

WAHT"S NEW??? WHO CARES....he's like 75 yrs. old leave him alone

Duh

I'm sure he'll skate, I mean, he's Willie Freakin' Nelson but you have to be seriously stupid no matter your star power to try and cross the Mexican border with any amount of pot. How many times has he been pulled over now?

hammerhand

Come on people, why can't I get an answer to this question?

WHY IS MARIJUANA ILLEGAL?

anonymous

LMFAO

SOME PEOPLE HAVE LIL WEEWEES

LIKE ME

VERY LITTLE, AND IT MAKES ME MOODY:p

doc.

Put his a$$ in jail he knew better.
You let one go then you might let them all go.
And if they let weed be legal nothing would ever get done this country would be on hold for a long time.
I know a guy and he smokes weed and drink reddog everyday, dont want to go to work, don't do anything around his house, his car is always broke down, he wear's the same clothes everyday, every now and then he might take a bath maybe, if he does go to work he has to be high, just worthless.
And he has the nerve to talk about the way this country is running.

Now this is someone that you want to have a CCW and sitting at a red light for 20 min waiting on it to change and lord don't say anything to him chance's are you are going to have a problem.
But for willie he has been smoking weed way over 70yrs. and he ain't going to stop untill he dies.
What did Toby Keith say "I'll never smoke weed with Willie again" and he was not jokeing Willie is a old dope head from the old school.