Willie Nelson

Busted for Pot

11/26/2010 5:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Music legend Willie Nelson was arrested this morning for allegedly possessing six ounces of marijuana.

1126_willie_nelson_GETTY_BN
Nelson was busted at 9:00 AM at a Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, TX. Nelson was in his tour bus, traveling from California to Austin, when he was detained.

He was booked into the Hudspeth County Jail on a $2,500 bond and posted shortly thereafter.

See also

steve

Leave willie alone, you government nazis.

Annie

john doe

6 ounces?

what the hell do you need 6 oz of weed for?

the medical card doesn't cover that much, even in cali.

what a dumb way to spend taxpayer money. arresting an old dude with some weed.

lol.

Stephanie

Really? This man has done more good for the people of this contry than most of your career politicians. He smoked on top of the white house! I say his getting popped at the border is just another example of lazy police work. Did he think he was gonna find a bus full of Mexicans? I think not. Did he think he was gonna find a bus full of Milk of Mag? I think not. He knew it was an easy bust. We love ya Willie and don't care if you puff just dont forget to pass brother.

Marty

It is about time the Government took such a violent criminal off the streets! We have to have safe streets for all the new amnesty recipients of citizenship so they have a safe place to use up all of our resources. Isn't that how Marxism works? Oops, I meant to say Oabamanation!

Golden Rule

this is getting out of hand just make it legal and call it a day thats like getting a ticket for drinking a beer, idk y celebs dont support it and make there voice be heard!!

john

I was busted at the same ck point last August. I didn't have that much, and the ticket was $500. The interesting thing was I got cited for PARAPHERNALIA, not weed. They kept the weed but didn't list it on the ticket. Heard it wasn't worth their time to prosecute the smaller amount. We were going from Oregon to Texas. I'm NEVER leaving the west coast again !!!!!!!!

Rdoro007

From alll the weed Ive smoked beforeeee, I forgot to lockk the closet dooor, Border Patrol came in , I met them with a grinnn from all the weed i smoked beforeee, Now they took me away, I guess ile have to payeee, For all the Weeeed I smokedddd beforeeee.

Sung to willies All the girls ive loved before , LOL couldn't help myself. Sorrry

Izzie

Ok guys lets chill because first and foremost this is Willie ****ing Nelson, he's been a staunch supporter of pot since it was made illegal. Hell there's even a song with there's a song out there about this man and pot smoking (I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again). I don't think the man really cares that he got busted for pot, more that he got busted and the cops aren't going to give his property back.

frankie

this smacks of (oh look someone famous lets nick him and make a name for ourselves.) just leave willie alone he does so much good he should be left to his pleasures he's not harming anybody its for his own use no one else.

Painter

LEAVE the Old Man alone for Pete sakes! How ridiculous! Who cares if he smokes weed? I take way more offense to America's tolerance of the serious laws broken by pro football/basketball players; the slap on the hand, and they go back earning millions a year; being cheered on by their dumb fans when they have NO MORAL character whatsoever.... so many peoples priorities are so messed up!

CDNGirl

Want to know the real reasons behind Marijuana prohibition, get the facts before you judge! Google "the union", first do***entary I've watched that's worth the 2 hours!

GClay

OMG! Six whole ozs. Dang good thing the government stopped Willie from moving such a load of drugs allowing us tax payers to sleep safer each night.
Great work you BP Keystoners we all feel great that you have good paying jobs with great benefits. Obviously the qualification standards are pretty low. This is a poster moment for legalizing Mary Jane everywhere.

j

they should spend more time going after some one that will hurt somone with a bad drug there nothing wrong with smoken it

Meemie

Come on people, can't you just leave poor Willie and his pot alone? He ain't hurting nobody. Let him smoke his dope who cares????? Everybody else does it and nobody minds.. Everybody is always after poor Mr. Nelson for his pot.. For Pete's sake, let him have it... It makes him feel better..