Judge Awarded Mel Gibson

More Face Time with Baby

12/17/2010 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson will get to see his daughter more than he has in the past, thanks to Judge Scott Gordon.

Mel Gibson Custody
As TMZ first reported, Judge Gordon modified the existing custody agreement late Thursday.

Now sources tell us Gordon has given Mel more time with Lucia, but not a lot more.  We're told the increase is measured by hours -- not days -- per week.  Sources say the increase for Mel amounts to a little more than one day a week.

According to the agreement Mel and Oksana Grigorieva signed in May, both have joint physical and legal custody of Lucia.  Under that agreement, Mel had visitation rights a total of 6 days -- with three overnight visits -- every two weeks. The judge has now increased Mel's face time.

It's a far cry from what Oksana wanted ... namely, to strip Mel of overnight visits altogether and to only give him monitored visitation.

Sources tell us Judge Gordon told the parties there were no winners or losers, but that the change was made for the best interests of Lucia.

More Mel Gibson

More Today in TMZ History

GeorgieK

I guess anytime the Judge doesn't bend over for Oxy and her motley crew is a win for Mel, but was wishing for a lot more than Mel received

Pat

#10 Let's deal with the tapes in court. Any idiot can tell they are heavily edited in Oksana's favor.

fuddyduddy

If OG did not get what SHE wanted, then I would say she was the loser. Her face looked like she lost yesterday. Mel did win, and OG was not able to get the mediated agreement set aside.

Okay...this is about it for me today.

Take care everyone!

GJ

So what does that mean for his child support? This women is a disgrace. At least now he won't have to go back to court to get custody when she is haled off in stripes to serve time for the crimes she has committed. People can see right threw her game. What a snake. Congrats mel.

fuddyduddy

What a waste, all that cash, all those people involved for a few more hours...ridiculous.

Posted at 11:42 AM on Dec 17, 2010 by dd
It was not a waste in a sense, because if OG wouldh have had it her way, she would have stripped Mel totally of his parental rights, and had him paying her $60...,000 per month plus all of the housing. She did not get any of that.

Jus Another Viewer

Good to hear this. I can see why the judge did this. Oksana is a loon.
Mel is just a blabber-mouth, all talk. Sticks -n- Stones people.
And winona Ryder is as bad as Oksana, bringing up that fluff for publicity.. C'Mon... FIFTEEN years later..? I thought it was bad that Octosana filed Domestic Violence charges after SIX months. Winona takes the cake of that stunt!
Team MEL!

Curious

So Judge Gordon who is privy to all the actions of the parties and all of the evidence thinks the best interest of Lucia is spending more time with Mel. He got that right.

Posted at 11:45 AM on Dec 17, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
-----------------------------------------------------------
Exactly what I was going to say.

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

Curious

Take care my Fuddybuddy!

Midwesterner

I hope this story is more accurate than yesterday's, which implied that Mel had not had custody before. If this story is accurate, it would mean that the judge has not invalidated the May agreement other than to increase the visitation part of it.

What I don't understand is the status of Ox's effort to invalidate the May agreement. Would Judge Gordon only rule on the custody section of it? Is the rest of it still valid? Is Ox still contesting the agreement?

anonym

Why she is not jail yet????????????

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 11:45 AM on Dec 17, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
-----------------------------------------------------------
Exactly what I was going to say.

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

Posted at 11:52 AM on Dec 17, 2010 by Curious
--------------------------------------------------------

LOL! Any more of those peanut butter cookies left? I could use one.

The Judge knows the facts. He just gave more time to Mel. Hell yah!

Crash

Palmiro, you just described ox to a tee. Those were all the things that I was gonna say about her but you beat me to it. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks shes an embarrassment, pig in heat, vegas whore, dysfunctional-friendless c#nt. You took the words right out of my mouth, but forgot gold-digging b*tch.

Midwesterner

Shouldn't we have another update from the sheriff's office soon, telling us they are too busy/too poor to investigate the extortion charges?

michelle

happy day

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Sounds to me like he split the custody right down the middle. mel had days already--he was given hours--that says t me they each have 3.5 days per week.

What that means for the money is the interesting part. I am still betting the judge told her to pay her own bills and to get a job. He may well have reduced the support since now they BOTH have equal time, equal responsiblity, they may well have to kick in equal amounts of money.