Susan Boyle

Chokes on 'The View'

11/30/2010 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Susan Boyle clearly didn't realize her performance on "The View" this morning was LIVE ... and it led to one EXTREMELY awkward moment.

Susan Boyle The View
Boyle was belting out "O Holy Night" -- when she began coughing and backed away from the mic ... then asked the producer if she could start over ... all while the cameras continued to roll.

After several awkward seconds, Whoopi and Sherri swooped in and bailed her out.

Producers tell us Boyle will retape her performance for the West Coast.

More Susan Boyle

Beppenel

Susan I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! and you are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!

JT

By the way, they did NOT re-tape it for the west coast. I know because I just saw it. Poor woman. I felt bad for her.

Just shows she's human like we all are. THAT could have happened to any of us. It's HARDLY 'breaking news'. My gosh....are those reporting desperate?

Waddleduck

Your readers are the "freakin' weirdos, and of the 100 live performances she has given withOUT any problems, you pick ONE and condemn her. Shame on you, although you probably can't relate to the fact that your sludge remarks about a beautiful singer are just wrong!

WiddoMouse

I like her. I really do. I feel sorry for those who choose to be entertainers/public figures in this era of anonymous criticism. People sit in front of their computer screens, saying the most horrible things about celebrities. They say it with total impunity. I feel so sorry for anyone who has a talent and chooses to share it with the world. They have to have skins as thick as an elephant to prevent being hurt emotionally by the things others say about them. Maybe that is why so many celebrities turn to drugs/alcohol or other forms of "acting out" to get through the days. Either that or they have to never read anything written about them. The entertainment media, like TMZ, People, US and all the others feed into this by reporting every human foible as if it were newsworthy. Susan Boyle is a newcomer to the entertainment community. She has a God-given talent that 99% of us could never match. Let's enjoy her talent and pray to God that she is strong enough not to chuck her entire career because she cannot be perfect enough to satisfy the world.

crabbygirl81

@ Whamo - I totally agree with you!

And no, I don't care what anyone else thinks - her singing is very annoying. It's opera music. If she was really that good at singing, she would have had a record contract without having to try out for some crappy TV show.

stumpy

She is a great singer however she suffered "minor"
brain damage you can google it at birth which leaves her a little
slow and eccentric

Sharon

Her "real personality is a big part of her charm. I find her and her singing lovely!

djdeej94

funny but... real life... it happens... real life is messy...

carol

She has issues but really don't we all on some level - maybe not like her but other people might think any of us are "eccentric" No one is perfect - certainly not me or some of the other people posting here. Her voice is lovely and natural not amplified beyond hearing level to cover up the fact someone can't really sing like so many of the current crop of singers.

KathyM

She got a frog in her throat and it was live. She had to stop.
She did sing it again and it was shown on the West Coast and got a standing ovation.
That took real professionalism.
That's what happens when you have the nerve to sing on live TV instead of lip-synching.

KathyM

Yesterday she got to NY after traveling from Scotland, went straight to the studio to do a Larry King interview, then sang at Rock Center last night, in the cold, for the Christmas Tree Show, and then went to The View this morning.
That takes discipline and guts. Good for her.

sickofit

Anyone who has performed in public has had a coughing fit, or something like it to happen to them. This woman has a wonderful voice. I remember when Cyndi Lauper had a bird mess in her open mouth in the middle of a song. It happens to everyone who is brave enough to perform.

MariJoy

Live bruhahas & such comic relief - where else but The View?

LiLa

It was a live performance (unusual these days) and she had to start over. Big deal. I've been to Paul McCartney shows where he's had to start over too. No one minds. Ms. Boyle has the voice of an angel and deserves all the accolades she's received. You go girl!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments