New Michael Jackson Album Leaks on Internet

12/6/2010 4:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's highly anticipated new album is now the victim of music pirates ... ALL 10 tracks from "MICHAEL" have leaked online -- a week before its official release date.

Michael Jackson New Album Leaked

The tracks are now up on several file sharing websites ... and unless Sony Music authorized it -- this is a clear case of illegal piracy.

The official, aka legal, release date is next Tuesday -- December 14.

UPDATE: Sony had no comment.

kim

Hey Scott, that was a great post. I listen to mj mostly anytime but whenever I am having a bad day at work, on my way home I pop a mj cd in. I put on one of my favorite songs of him in order for me to sort thru on why my day was bad. It always works. If I am having a bad day at home and feel like I am at my wits end, I do the same. Their is something about him that he brings out in his songs that gets me thru rough times. He is a very big inspiration to people. Its the messages he brings across. Some people will just never get it but that is ok. Maybe someday they will.

rip mj

Scott

Ty Kim I am glad I am not alone.

:):):)

Chic

The Casios gave an excellent interview on Oprah. They truly love Michael and miss him very much. But Oprah is all about
ratings. Teddy Riley said that it was Michaels voice on the
CD. Love you forever Michael!

Cathy

Saw the Casios on Oprah today. I thought they acted with decorum and class. They revealed nothing about Michael other than the fact that he was a wonderful, giving human being who loved to experience the "normal" whenever he could. I don't blame them for going on the show. They kept fairly quiet for 25 years. If I was in their position, I too would want to speak up and confirm that there was another, rarely seen side to my longtime friend. It must be frustrating for those who knew Michael - really knew him - to have to listen to so much of the sensationalism and the super-stardom when they know first hand that there was more to the man.

I believe that it's Michael's voice on the songs for the new album. I just think that many of the songs were in a very raw state and that much had to be done to "enhance" and stretch them into a finished product. As with any album though, I'm sure there will be songs I don't care for and ones I really love. One thing that Teddy Riley said is very true - Michael would love the controversy! It is what it is. This won't be the last album of posthumous Michael Jackson songs. Over the next decade at least, there won't be any stopping it.

mysteria333

TODAY ON OPRAH A FAMILY THAT MICHAEL STAYED WITH AND CONSIDERED THEM HIS SECOND FAMILY AND IT WAS KEPT A SECRET FOR 25 YEARS... IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT HE COULD NOT GO ANY WHERE WITHOUT THE PAPPARAZZI AND THE MEDIA TRAILING HIS EVERY MOVE....NOW DOES'NT THAT TELL YOU THAT HE CAN FAKE HIS OWN DEATH?? THIS MAN IS A GENIUS A KIND HEARTED CARING GENIUS AND HE DESPERATELY NEEDED A BREAK AWAY FROM THE SPOTLIGHT,, JUST TO RELAX ,, HEAL ,, AND BE MICHAEL... OH HE'LL BE BACK I'M SURE OF IT... JUST BE PATIENT ,,, AND PRAY FOR HIM... OUR HEAVENLY FATHER WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.... I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!

Scott

I absolutely love hold my hand........very refreshing even though it's a duet. :):):)

mysteria333

OPRAH !!!!! will you pleeeeease stop asking everyone who knows MICHAEL IF THEY FELT HE WAS A PEDOPHILE ,,, OR IF THEY SAW SIGNS OF DRUG USE...MICHAEL DID MASSIVE HUMANITARIAN WORK ,,, HE MADE FABULOUS SONGS ,,, HE WAS KIND TO EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU !!!! THATS HOW YOU REALLY BECAME FAMOUS,, MICHAEL GAVE YOU THE ULTIMATE INTERVIEWW THAT HE HAD'NT GIVEN ANYONE FOR FOURTEEN YEARS !!! THEN HE FINALLY ALLOWED YOU TO HAVE IT !!! SHOW SOME APPRECIATION AND STOP ASKING THESE STUPID QUESTIONS . TALK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD WORK HE'S DONE ALL HIS LIFE.... PLEEEEEEEASE...YOU DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK HIS NAME WITHOUT ASKING THESE SAME UNCALLED FOR QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN...SHOW SOME RESPECT ,,, YOU'VE LOST HALF YOUR FAN BASE BECAUSE OF THIS....I USE TO THINK THAT YOU HAD A REAL SKILL FOR READING PEOPLE,, BUT NOW I WONDER...DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT MICHAEL HAS DONE ALL THIS WONDERFUL WORK FOR CHILDREN AND PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD,, JUST TO DESTROY IT FOR A QUICK FEEL ON A CHILD ??? I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT,,, REALLY THINK ABOUT IT!!! AND THEN WAIT FOR TEN YEARS FOR ANOTHER FEEL... PLEASE !!!! WHERE DOES COMMON SENSE COME IN?? THIS MANS LIFE WAS RUINED ,, AND HE WAS MENTALLY TORTURED FOR SOMETHING HE NEVER DID AND NEVER COULD DO... HAS'NT HIS REPUTATION AND HIS NAME SUFFERED ENOUGH ??? OR HAS YOUR GRAND WEALTH TAKEN ARROGANCE ,, AND A I DON'T GIVE A DAMN MENTALITY TO A KNEW LEVEL??? I'AM SIMPLY SCOLDING YOU FOR DOING SOMETHING SO HURTFUL THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO.. THE WAY MY MOM SCOLDED ME WHEN I TOLD HER I HAD EATEN MY BEETS BUT I HAD HIDDEN THEN IN THE CRANBERRY SAUCE.. I KNEW THAT WAS WRONG...GIVE MICHAEL A BREAK !!!HE REALLOY IS A KIND ,, CARING ,, EXTREMELY DECENT HUMAN BEING.. TALK ABOUT HIS GOOD WORKS SOMETIMES PLEEEEEASE !!! THANK YOU....LR

MiMi

Clonehead MiMi

Just Google it and I'm sure you'll find something to meet your needs.

LoL LoL LoL

Scott

LOL "real" Mimi my money is on unwell he got scholled today LOL, we know the real u no worries :)

MiMi

Music leaks are both friend and foe to industry

"For years, leaks within the music industry have existed as a way to preview work from upcoming albums.

This year, Drake, Eminem and recently Kid Cudi have been just a few of the major artists subject to early leaks from upcoming albums.

Before the days of rampant file-sharing, leaks were largely confined to members of the music industry and the media.

In 1995, Los Angeles radio station KMEL-FM began regularly playing Michael Jackson's single "Scream" 13 days before it was scheduled to be released to radio stations.

"The record company was furious, lawyers were involved and the situation got hairy," KMEL program director Michelle Santosuosso said in an interview with The New York Times. "But on a release as big as Michael Jackson's, there's no way we're going to wait if we receive a leak."

Back then, the only way to obtain copies for fans was to record them off of the radio. File-sharing has since simplified and amplified this process.

Today, it is not a matter of whether or not an album or song will leak, but when it will leak.

Leaks come from a variety of places, but are fueled by file-sharing programs such as BitTorrent.

This process has continued to become simpler.

"Would-be downloaders once lurked primarily on peer-to-peer file-sharing programs like LimeWire or BitTorrent," said Eric Garland, founder and CEO of media-analysis company BigChampagne. "Now they can just Google it."

Some artists and record companies see this as a problem directly impacting record sales in a negative way. Others have embraced the trend as a way to create buzz.

"We live in a word-of-mouth world, and the unfettered Internet is a platform for evaluation, promotion and marketing," Garland said.

Any music streamed online on a band's website or Myspace can then be converted to an MP3 and sent around the internet. In some cases, artists will choose to leak their own music without the consent of their labels.

In July, Antwan "Big Boi" Patton's first solo album was released, however the entire album had been leaking out slowly for more than a year.

Two of the songs that were supposed to be on the album included Patton's Outkast band mate, Andre 3000.

However Outkast is signed to Jive Records and Patton's album was set to be released under Def Jam. Jive refused to allow the duo to release the songs on a separate label, and the songs then leaked out onto the internet shortly thereafter.

Jive and Def Jam were unavailable for comment for this story.

"The fans' thirst will be quenched. I'm no stranger to that Internet, baby," Patton told GQ Magazine in an interview shortly after the leak.

Whether deliberate or unintentional, leaks are a trend within the music industry that artists and labels will seemingly be forced to deal with as file-sharing and leaking becomes amplified and simplified."

Scott

errrr "schooled"

Daphne

sad very very sad.

Posted at 2:45 PM on Dec 6, 2010 by Scott

U got that right, the likes of OW, Bimbo, wait, I think the idiot is called Kimbo, whatever, they're yearning for someone to talk to. The need to talk amazes me. They're so sad & lonely. Haha.

MiMi

Full song "Monster" Michael Jackson featuring 50 Cent

Scott

Hey Kevin here is the attention u crave......

Do us all a favour and educate yourself before you open your mouth son. Between you and all the other haters all you have is one thing in common. At some point in your life u were hurt be it physcial or emotional which has you act out here for attention.

I wish you all the best with your issues but you may wanna stock up on kleenex your therapist is gonna put you through the wringer....

Peace

Scott

Agreed Daphne now someone is cloning me gee I wonder who that could be..........here's a hint....makes me sad that a 55 year old man (boy) would be so damaged.

There ya go again Unwell assuming I am talking to a guy ever thought websheriff could be a woman? I guess you have a one track mind huh? Cough cough homo..........LOL. Fat old balding gearbox looking for a retirement home that does not charge by the pound while surfing facebook trying to pick up women so he can wear there clothing in private........sad very very sad.

Posted at 2:45 PM on Dec 6, 2010 by Scott