MJ Estate:

Discovery Channel is

'Debased, Sick'

12/29/2010 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's estate is unleashing its fury on Discovery Channel for advertising an upcoming TV special set to run in the UK featuring a reenactment of MJ's autopsy.

Discovery Channel Michael Jackson Autopsy
Co-Executors John Branca and John McClain fired off a vitriolic letter to the Prez of Discovery -- obtained by TMZ -- in which they accuse the network of operating in "shockingly bad taste ... motivated solely by your blind desire to exploit Michael's death, while cynically attempting to dupe the public into believing this show will have serious medical value."

The Co-Executors are particularly outraged by a print ad, depicting a corpse sprawled on a gurney, covered by a sheet with a sequined glove sticking out.

1229_mj_discovery_asset
Branca and McClain apparently realize they can't legally stop the show -- set to air on January 13 -- but they are appealing to Discovery's moral decency to cancel the program.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mo

EXTREMELY TASTELESS!

kim

Anything for money. People still riding the MJ gravy train. Just sick.

LC4Michael

The really sick part is how many people are going to watch this. Why can't they leave this poor man alone. Hounded in life and Haunted in death.

baby

could be worse, they could show him molesting the lil boys!

kathy

animalistic morons.

jennifer

i dont see what the big deal is, mtv already did a show like this and recreated the autopsy. its science people!!

noneofyourbusiness

Just like they say, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are WORSE things on TV I choose not to watch because it's vile and tasteless.

Same goes here.....put on your big panties and deal with it. No worse that all of his family trying to make a buck of his life/death.

Marie

How low can the human race go? I guess as low as the money on the floor. Michael Jackson has 3 young orphan kids and a bunch of teenage nephews and a mother who is very old. How will they react when they see that sick disgusting do***entary about the king of pop? I think the estate should sue the Discovery channel for diffamation.YUCK!

FLOYD PINK

Cool, I'll watch!

Kristin

It's all part of the "Hoax"...

And thats the truth

His children does not need to see any thing even connected to that. It was bad enough that Prince had to see his father after he had already died. Katherine does not need it either. She is still grieving and will probably be until she passes.

I wonder how many of them would like to see a show about one of their family members autopsy?

There are many people in the US that would like to see us be more like Europe..... I rest my case.

BarbieJean

See? I told ya if it was gonna be anything to hurt MJ in any way, the estate would move on it!
PS: Thank you team Branca for looking after the king! I would have watched just to see if anything new would reveal itself. TY for letting us know it was all BS.
ILY MJ RIP

Audie

Good for the Estate. This is just despicable, anything for money!!!

Qbee

Ths picture Discovery uses to advertise says it all
This is blatant Bad tatse and exploitation of our
dear Michael. Certainly not for educational purposes

Let us entertain you
Step right up Step right up Ladies and gentlemen
watch Michael Jackson being sliced and diced before
you very eyes.

I would not or could not ever watch such a thing
That image will haunt me for the rest of my life
I never want to see Michael's body in that manner
I would never be able to get that image out of my head.

Discovery is dispicable for even creating such a show
Im in tears :...(

Fans have written 1000's of letters to Discovery
and are boycotting and blocking the channel

John

If you're disgusted and upset about it, DON'T WATCH IT! For those interested, they have a right to watch it if they want to. It's a simulation. Waaaay to many uptight people around.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments