David Arquette

Checks Into Rehab

1/3/2011 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Arquette checked himself into rehab during the holiday weekend ... TMZ has learned.

David Arquette Rehab
We're told David is seeking treatment for alcohol and other issues -- but not drugs. Arquette partied at Beacher's Madhouse at the Roosevelt Hotel on New Year's Eve before checking into a live-in facility.

A source close to David says he is doing it because it's "the right thing to do for his family."

UPDATE: Through her rep, Courteney Cox tells TMZ, "I really admire David and his choice to take charge and better his life. I love and support him."

See also

KateNYC

BIPOLAR, just like Mel Gibson

ESS

FIRST OFF I LIKE THE FACT HE IS GOING TO REHAB BUT WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH GOING FOR ALCHOL AND OTHER ISSUES, NO DRUG, HELLO EVERYONE KNOW THAT ALCHOL IS A DRUG, AND HE DOES HAVE TO MAKE SURE TO DO IT FOR HIMSELF FIRST, I LIKE DAVE AND HOPE THAT HE AND COURNEY GET PAST THIS .

nobleday

No surprise there. Who knew TMZ does good deeds!

Looks like TMZ is providing a community service by recording people when they're under the influence and offer a reality check.

stumpy

Rehab cant do it for you
if you want to straiten out your life
you need to kick your own a$$

metro2176

Get the poison out David....

Nora

I wish him/them the best and I hope it works out. Some people need to be pushed to do what's right for themselves.

Sloane

hoping it works- wishing him luck with it

nobody is stating the obvious here

it couldn't have been easy on the marriage having Jennifer Aniston tag along with he and Courtney everywhere

there may have been times when they should have put their own relationship/communication/problems first but didn't/couldn't because of the 3rd wheel who was there

happens sometimes in relationships when there is a freind of family member who inserts themselves into the mix - whether intentional or not

not placing blame on anyone- just stating the obvious...
any thoughts on that

Sammy Yammy

I think David is an idiot. This charade with Courtney has gone on too long. He can have many hotter women than Courtney. His antics to get her back are amazing. She must have one tight clam to which there is no replacement.

Muppet

Good luck to him.

Lori

Well I hope the drinking explains his horrible behavior since his separation, giving everyone way too much information on "The Howard Stern Show". I don't see this marriage lasting much longer.

billy cema

David, I don't know you personally, but I'm wishing and hoping you make good on your rehab process.
I think you have to love yourself, first and foremost. Don't worry about what others think about you. No one is perfect.
Take care of numero uno, and the magic will happen!
P.S. I think you are a very goodlookin' dude! You will find your better half, yet!

Rubiconski

Who cares? Ship this loser back to israel along with all his friends.

Cellar Rat

What a d-bag. He's always been outclassed by his more successful, more mature wife. He needs more than rehab. He needs a personality transplant. Big loser trying to gain sympathy and climb back on the gravy train that's already left the station. His family is a mess too. He's way out of his league. Needs to go back to banging the hangers-on anf wannabes. They're more his type and maturity level.

Sunny247

Good for you David follow it up with Trust God, Clean House, and Work With Others and You got your self a design for living. Keeping You and Your Family in my prayers =]

JLS

It's not like we didn't see this coming!

I support his decision. Good for you, David.