Zsa Zsa

Out of Surgery,

Leg Successfully Amputated

1/14/2011 7:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg has been partially amputated by doctors at UCLA Medical Center ... TMZ has learned.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Surgery
According to one of Zsa Zsa's doctors, three quarters of her leg was removed during the surgery today -- starting from just above her knee.

We're told there were no unexpected difficulties and she's expected to heal just fine -- but docs are monitoring her closely because of her age.

As we previously reported Zsa Zsa's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, green-lit the procedure to remove a life-threatening infection.

No word yet on when she'll be released.

See also

Shmuck

Based on my personal experience, phantom pains as a result of the amputation, will be a horrible way to spend what little time she has left.
I know, I know ... it's better than dying. (maybe)

Butterfly

IF TRUE SHE WAS UNAWARE OF WHAT AS GOING ON, AS REPORTED, are those involved in the consent and surgery prepared for the extreme trauma she faces when she awakens? ZsaZsa was among the world's most beautiful and glamorous women who took pride in her appearance and her beauty. The shock of what has happened to her is enough to end her life. God help her and give her strength when she faces the truth. Judging from the hundreds and hundreds of well wishers, we all would want to be with her to comfort her and to hold her hand to let her know we care. Blessings, Zsa Zsa. please know our thoughts and prayers are with you, always.

Joann

The blood clot in the leg was putting her life in immediate danger, even though she was 93, because it spread to the bone.

If cutting her leg off can give her another few months or even a couple of years to live without being in constant pain then this was the best move. My grandma lived to be 97 years old so who's to say she won't last that long.

My prayers go out to you Zsa Zsa.

JLS

He made the only decision he could after they had given her antibiotics so many times and they wouldn't work at all.

Tough decision. I have both in my prayers.

God bless you, Zsa Zsa my sweetheart. I wish you great comfort in your recovery.

reconpresseusa

For highlights in Zsa Zsa's tumultuous life, including newspaper photos and articles from the Fifties and Sixties, see:

Zsa Zsa

Alice

She's gonna outlive her prince...wait and see...

Sam

I just read that she's 93. I thought she was in her 70s! Best wishes Zsa Zsa. May God bless you with a speedy recovery and many more years of good times.

Sam

Why the hell would you amputate a 93 year old woman's leg?!? Seriously, just let her life take its course. She has lived this long, which is a feat in itself. It's sad that she married this creep.

rar

So should we call her Zsa now?

(j/k) Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

justagirl

I am glad to see that TMZ is taking the high road and offering respect to the Prince by acknowledging him by his real name instead of the usual "pet name" TMZ refers to him by. Would be nice to see similiar respect shown under other set of cir***stances such as nixing audio's of family members calling into authorities saying a love one has passed.

avid shopper

e bay ?

MP

I'm happy she made it through surgery, but I've read she doesn't know about the amputation, that's so sad. I wish her the best and hope she heals quickly.

David Ehrenstein

Sarah Bernhart lost her leg too Zsa Zsa -- and she went right on performing.

We all love you dear. Get well.

Lori

My God, how awful...good to know her life was saved...but how awful at any age to have your leg taken :(

Hello

I don't think that the sane world really cares.....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments