Zsa Zsa

Out of Surgery,

Leg Successfully Amputated

1/14/2011 7:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg has been partially amputated by doctors at UCLA Medical Center ... TMZ has learned.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Surgery
According to one of Zsa Zsa's doctors, three quarters of her leg was removed during the surgery today -- starting from just above her knee.

We're told there were no unexpected difficulties and she's expected to heal just fine -- but docs are monitoring her closely because of her age.

As we previously reported Zsa Zsa's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, green-lit the procedure to remove a life-threatening infection.

No word yet on when she'll be released.

See also

croc

ahhh-- i am glad shes ok..hop they keep a close eye on her though!

Kelly

He said Zsa Zsa wasn't aware that her leg would be amputated the other day. Said the infection had her out of it with meds and all.
I understand him having to make that decision but it's sad.
I would struggle with that myself.
I hope she is feeling better soon.

Matt

Bless her.

niles

Congratulations, Zsa Zsa, I knew you would pull through.

Chia

Get well Zsa Zsa! All the best to you.

Entertainment2u-Twitter

shame this woman had such a long life and cannot even have privacy at the end.

for that, you have to blame the hubby.

Tellthetruth59

Too bad they won't amputate Prince von A-hole's tongue. The world would be a better place. How long before Zsa Zsa's leg appears on Ebay? Poor lady. I wish her the best. He needs a kick in the azz.

Fruttel

I was under the impression Ms. Gabor wás in a wheelchair already due to a stroke a few years ago which is why I wondered last week already WHY they didn't go trough with amputating the leg.
The only explanation I could come up with is that, dus to her high age, anesthetists weren't keen on having to work on her.

Understandable, but by the way the news of last week (about the condition of her leg) was written it appeared as if there wasn't a real chance to save it - why risk infection going higher up in the leg? I really wonder.

Megadeth

At least she lived a long enough life to show off her gams when they were worth showing, still sad though. Hopefully she's on Letterman one more time, his show that is!

PK

I wonder if she knows what has taken place? Her husband has been calling the shots, but at her age and the state of her health may not allow her to completely consent or even understand why this was necessary.

annie

Comment #1, You're so heartless. What if that was your mom or grandmother?

Pete

Looks like the Prince made the right call then... I'm sure that won't stop you from calling him VonAhole though.

Lyn

Zsa Zsa has led an exciting life. Some loved her and admired her while others hated her and resented her or were jealous.
I am so sorry that she had to endure these terrible physical damages these last few years.
Best to Zsa Zsa- and I wish her peace and comfort in her fast-approaching end of life.

Annie

Sweet news! God Bless Zsa Zsa!

Cindy

Zsa Zsa One Lifetime is not enough. Love you no matter what. You have been the Queen of Hollywood now and forever!
Praying for you.