'Idol' Fall Girl

Hospitalized with Busted Ankle

1/26/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The woman who took that NASTY fall down a flight of stairs on last week's "American Idol" had to be hospitalized for an injury she suffered in the fall ... TMZ has learned.

0125_nia_drummond_EX_TMZ

It all went down in Jersey last September -- 16-year-old Nia Drummond flunked her "Idol" audition ... and as she made her exit, accidentally tripped and fell down a flight of stairs ... an embarrassing accident that aired on "Idol" last week for millions to see.

0125_nia_drummond_EX_TMZ_small_vidWe're told Drummond was taken to a nearby hospital immediately after the nosedive -- where she was treated for a sprained ankle.

Thankfully, she's all better now. See you next fall!

0120_idol_audition_footer

Phreaky

You can just look at her and tell that she's already got a lawyer ready to sue.

Sad sad

My sadistic self laughs. Rewind.

Paul G.

That a girl, milk it for all that you can because you sucked at singing. I swear what some ignorant people would do for attention. WTF is this big enough news that it must be mentioned on TMZ? Are you guys truly that hard up for a story? Come on guys, this isn't news. Just like that dumb ho that fell into the fountain at the mall because she was texting and to stupid to watch where she was going. Now she is suing the mall?? Seriously, there are some sorry a$$ people in this world and apparently it doesn't take much to be on TMZ..lol

LouBallz

@Paul G "i dont like ur tone, ur talkin to my guy all wrong"

Randomness

I don't like laughing at others misery but I am so so sorry that was just too funny! LOL!

JLS

"Busted Ankle" huh. A sprained ankle-oh boo hoo. This isn't any big deal here at all.

July 2nd I fell and fractured my ankle as well as breaking my leg completely in half. They sent me home to await my surgery two days later. I thought I'd die. I have a stainless plate and 8 screws holding it together and the pain is still horrible. That's a "busted" ankle. Sheesh. Wimp.

Dawn

Less accidents would happen if these young women would slow down and wear pants that fit properly! She was not used to running obviously..

geowhiz

They should put her on Jersey Shore where she belongs.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

its always funny when fat people fall over...why is that?

naten

30sec ad for a 14sec video?

the truth

maybe if she lose some weight, she won't go around tripping like some idiot

carla

I agree with Dawn. Her pants were so tight she couldn't get up off the floor, just crawled around like a seal.

LAWRENCE

Of course she will sue. It's clearly not her fault she can't walk down stairs. Somebody needs to pay for this!

dbinva

funny that she fell..... but why the heck is the commercial on the video longer than the video itself? next time, don't bother

Jill Conway

What a fat-*ss slob! That was truly funny. I'm surprised her pants didn't split. There are SOME people that just don't know the meaning of buying clothes that fit. They look like human knock-wurst. Yes, you know she'll sue - that's the name of the game. Next time, run down the stairs a little faster, Porky.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments