'Sister Wives' New Home

A Neighborhood Divided

1/31/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kody Brown and his "Sister Wives" might need to invest in some good fences -- because a few of their new neighbors aren't happy the polygamist reality show stars have moved into their hood.

0130_kody_brown_tmz_ex
As TMZ first reported, Brown and his fam recently relocated to Las Vegas so they could explore new job opportunities. TMZ spoke with several of the new neighbors and while some sound tolerant of the Brown clan ("It's a quiet neighborhood, and as long as it stays drama free, then we're fine") others want nothing to do with them.

One neighbor told us, "I don't want my family surrounded by polygamists."

Another was upset because now her young children are asking her about polygamy -- and now she plans on moving. She told us,  "I am not tolerating the polygamists or their TV show in my neighborhood."

0131_sister_wives_moving_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

BARBARA PEARMAN

I have commented three times and nothing has ever came to my e-box to confirm.

BARBARA PEARMAN

Why do people bother to comment when they never get a mail to cnfirm? I think I will comment on TLC from now on. They print what you say.

Ivan Peralta

hey, Im a non-domain.... religion. i believe in the truth of christ. Would like to be a part of Your life. I'm a dj in rhode island. Also can be a education to the people out the. call me (401) 654-7289.

Scooby

I guess that is why God made 1 guy to every 5 women. in the Biblical days this was normal. I also don't believe this is about sex it is about love. I don't see and abuse,bad morals, but I do see God in their life. look at today mothers. single and children to 4 different men. He is at least not a dead beat dad.
I say let them live their faith and learn from it.

maryann glover

i like watching sister wives . i havent miss a show .

SongOfRoses

I came across the article below..and how true it is...kids don't need to be watching "Sister Wives" since they will think it is normal for a man to be married to four women...in fact these people should be
hit with a bigamy charge rather than flaunting
their activities in front of the American public!

Read below
Mormons do not practice polygamy. The practice of polygamy is strictly prohibited in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mormons believe God’s standard of marriage is monogamy, or marriage between one man and one woman.

Since polygamy is not practiced today, modern polygamists portrayed in popular culture and on television should not be confused with members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the proper name for “Mormons.”

Why are some people still confused about this topic?

For a period of about 75 years starting in the 1830s, some members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints practiced plural marriage. Mormons believe this was one of the rare instances where God has commanded polygamy. The other best-known period was during the early history of the Hebrew nation, when the Bible records that the patriarchs Abraham and Jacob, and kings David and Solomon among others, practiced polygamy (see 2 Samuel 12:8).

In 1890, Church President Wilford Woodruff issued a declaration which led to the end of the practice of plural marriage in the Church. Today it is not possible to be a polygamist and remain a member of the Church.

YVONNE

I FEEL SORRY FOR JENELLE, sHE IS THE HARDEST WORKING WIFE & LOOKS LIKE SHE GETS THE LEAST. MARY LOOKS SPOILED & SELFISH . jENELLE YOU DERSERVE BETTER...

Linda

Have you all moved into the new homes and have all the kids adjusted?

Marge

Who really believe that they are having money problems?
New delux homes, new cars, vacations.. really sisters we know, you have money.

I just don't like being lied to from a group who says they have a strong faith in God.

Fair of not do you really need a wet bar in your home of one child, I believe that if act like a brat who wants what she wants, that noone will feels bad for you. I don't think everything should be split in equal shares, and I don't understand why they all need seprate homes anyway, didn't they all live in one big home before, I think we are all being played by the Browns.

Stop saying you have no money or thing are really tight, if you keep speding like water.

God doesn't want you to lie anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8