« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex NFL Wife Accused of Insurance Scam

2/4/2011 10:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A woman who was once married to a marginal NFL player is being accused of scamming the NFL's insurance system out of nearly $90,000 ... this according to a new lawsuit.

Bobbi Jackson Insurance Scam

According to court docs filed today in L.A., the NFL Players Insurance Plan is cracking down on Bobbi Jackson -- ex-wife of LaDairis Jackson, who played sparingly in the NFL for the Redskins (2002) and the Bengals (2003).

The NFL P.I.P. alleges ... after Bobbi and LaDairis divorced, Bobbi falsely claimed to be his dependent in order to get in on his NFL health care benefits.

The lawsuit claims Bobbi received medical benefits totaling $88,764.40 -- until they finally caught on in January 2009.

The NFL Players Insurance Trust is suing for the money, plus costs and damages.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rebecca

Who gives a dump. These people aren't celebs. Why are you covering them? You said yourselves that the NFL guy was only a marginal player. Some unknown woman, who was married to some unknown dude, did something bad! Big whoooooooop!

Comment Ads Suck

"The lawsuit claims Bobbi received medical benefits totaling $88,764.40 -- until she finally caught on in January 2009. "

Hunh? She finally "got caught" in January 2009.

I want to be on whatever the TMZ staff's on.

J

Harvey and gang left at 5 p.m. for drinks. Relaxation and reward after a hard week's work. Left the keys to the car with the 16 year old web page sitter and the first thing the kid does is post this stupid story. I hope TMZ did not pay the courthouse clerk snitch anything more than a nickel for this story.

Rachel Rothechild

Since you are going after her on pinciple. Acknowledging that frequent concussions cause ALS more so in american football. Financially and medically take care of ex-players. Stop making the men compete on who can be more obese and pay them more as they are the lowest payed sports in professional sports.

balls cross ya nose

Guys, feel free to use the current NFL logo. That's the old one.

Jack

You're reaching Harvey, really reaching.

cl farnsworth

sean connery is an awesome still there actor with a bald head!

Real

I love when people that think they're entitled to "the life" realize they're NO different than you or me. I love when they discover everything they thought they were they aren't. THAT realization makes me feel good and I like feeling good! For example my 10 year old realizes the Lohan is a pathetic person and that makes me feel good. He's smart enough to know talent as opposed to someone that thinks they have talent.

balls cross ya nose

Hey guys, feel free to use the current NFL logo, that's the old one.

Executor

Must be a slow news day. Not sure how this is worth publishing.

shoe addict

testing

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Go Steelers!!

mintobd

Its a good posting . I like it very much. I also like sports, you may enjoy Rugby 6 nations. thanks
Italy vs Ireland Six Nations Rugby 2011 Live Stream Highlights

lonnieesykes

I am very thankful for our health insurance, and even more thankful that we found an affordable one through wise health insurance online. It has been 6 years that they have not increased my premiums. Having health insurance gives us a peace of mind

HMichaelH

It's hard to believe anyone named "Bobbi" who was married to anyone named "LaDairis" would be involved in the theft of large sums of money, isn't it? I'm shocked....Just shocked!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments