Michael Lohan

I Booked Lindsay on Letterman

2/16/2011 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan has revealed HE is the mystery person who booked Lindsay Lohan on "Letterman" this week ... and tells TMZ he only signed her up after getting the green light from Lindsay herself.

Lindsay Lohan Letterman

In case you haven't heard -- Letterman had to issue a retraction this morning, explaining Lindsay would not be doing the "Top 10" bit on Thursday as they had announced yesterday -- after Lindsay tweeted that she NEVER agreed to do the show.

Letterman's people released a statement explaining how someone "purporting to be a friend of Lindsays" reached out to them and made the booking ... but Dave's camp didn't reveal the name of the friend.

But Michael says he was behind it -- telling TMZ he got the idea after Dave cracked a joke at Lindsay's expense during Friday's "Top 10" ... and Lindsay was into it.

Michael says Lindsay "knew full well" about the booking ... they even discussed transportation from the L.A. studio, where Lindsay would be doing the bit via satellite.

Michael insists everything was going smoothly  -- until Lindsay's reps got wind of the appearance and shut it down.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

Superman

'Now, Michael tells us he's pissed -- adding, "Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it." '
------------------

Making a joke of her DUIs, probation/jail-time, alcohol/drug abuse, and stealing is not bringing positives into her life. You need to be a father, not her PR person or her friend!

Davey Boy

I can put my money on he rubbed one out in her honor to her court pictures..There was even one on his favorite site X17online that the sun caught and Lindsay wasnt wearing underware, you even saw her belly button

Your answer joe blowe is YES!

Posted at 10:52 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by blohan is going down
--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm all for calling out Michael for being a twit. I despise how he runs down the jewelery as being "$50 junk" and then mocks the store as being "Walmart".

But to call him out as a pedophile is in my opinion out of line. I have heard Mike on TMZ Live refer to something "Michael did to Lindsay" way back when, but to infer molestation is wrong.

I'm just sayin'. Until true and clear facts are made, you are making a seriously ignorant conjecture.

Jill

Milo was overheard yelling into the phone "How the FVCK do you expect me to catch up on the stupid child support crap you wanted when you keep preventing me from exploiting our daughter for money?!?!? For gods sake, leave the kid alone and let her do Letterman! They're friends, nothing more, nothing less. I need the money, my car title is already pawned and I need to make a payment. Do you want to see me FVCKing walking...you heartless tramp, I just had surgery. Wait a minute I have another idea...I can sell this story! "

Posted at 11:08 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by wow...
-----------------------------------------

that was brilliant. don't forget he was taping the call while editing his side of the conversation out.

Davey Boy

ou know, for once, I kind of sort of agree with Mikey Boy. Maybe it would have been good for her to get off her drug-addled butt and do some creative work for a change. I would never ever watch her in anything but someone else might. And she really needs to change her direction, so for that I give Mikey some credit.

Posted at 11:38 AM on Feb 16, 2011 by lou
--------------------------------------------------------

Yup, I agree. I -still- think Michael is a crazy loon just like Dina, but I also think this would have been something, ANYTHING for Lindsay to do that wasn't connected with a felony charge.

Nicole

What a ****ing idiot Michael is.
I was looking forward to her appearing because i'm a fan but i didn't think he just randomly set it up.
Shawn gave her the right advice (to NOT appear) she could be in jail next week.

Jill

@Davey Boy

it's been written about before and dina and lindsay have talked about how he tried to kidnap lindsay when she was younger and verbally threatened to kill the kids and dina. when dina was on tmz, she said there was a lot that lindsay saw that people don't know about.

ilovegossip

Who says the top 10 would have to do with Lindsay anyway? It would have been just as funny if she mocked other celebrities who have done stupid things like Brittney Spears, Charlie Sheen, The guy that broke into the bank that thought he was home, etc...

I think something like that would have been good for her to do (and just as funny). It didn't HAVE to be about her mocking herself!

TCYB

Sure he is pissed. He was getting paid to book her on the show.

TCYB

How much was he getting paid to book her on the show?

Thomas

@daveyboy #20

You realize lindsay has a management right? She is contracted to them. No one else can negotiate or do deals on her behalf. This is standard practise in hollywood. Her management could sue Michael lohan for doing such a thing. This man is an idiot and a crook and i am surprised he isn't in jail. Between this and paying off dawn holland its clear that he is just a regular criminal

Jim in Cali

what a fool Michael Lohan is. Exactly how is doing a Top 10 list good for Lindsay's life? I mean how delusional is this guy?

Zorayda

@Thomas #79

I'm surprised she still has management. Don't managers only get paid when their client gets paid? Lindsay hasn't had a real paycheck in a long time.

Barbara

I think it would have been a good idea....everyone loves someone that can laugh at themselves.

JLS

Shut up and do the show, darlin' - it's ALL YOU HAVE GOING FOR YOU. Honestly, her normal handlers don't do as well as her father does.

I'd stake my life on the fact that Dina is the one who, out of jealously, nixed this. Daddy would have done more in one week than old Dina has done in years to promote LL. Michael is right-no matter what he does that's positive, the fact is Dina still has LL's ear and will work it to dirty him up.

How stupid. She is OUT of chances and this would have been a big benefit to her.

FU Lindsay

@ davey boy

Why dont you go to Merick, Long Island and ask the folks around town, what Michael did