Ex 'Celebrity Rehab' Rocker Nabbed in Drug Bust

2/18/2011 4:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mike Starr -- the former bassist for Alice In Chains -- was busted for alleged drug possession in Salt Lake City, and TMZ has his mug shot.

0217_mike_starr_EX_TMZ

Starr was arrested and booked on suspicion of felony possession of a controlled substance early Thursday ... according to Salt Lake City PD arrest documents.

Starr was a patient on the third season of "Celebrity Rehab" back in 2009. He also appeared on the most recent season as an example of a celeb who got clean after appearing on the show.

It's unclear at this point what drug -- or drugs -- Star allegedly had at the time of his arrest. He is still behind bars ... held on a $20,000 bond.

T

On Celebrity Rehab, he said he felt responsible for Layne Staley's death...now it's just an excuse to do drugs.

Criss

Damn, he sure looks alot different from his AIC days!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

another loser on drugs..bon voyage ya jerk

t

I've never bought his story that he was with Layne when he died. In 2001 he participated in a biography (you can find it on Amazon) and he stated he had not spoken to anyone from Alice in Chains in years. And yet he said on "Celebrity Rehab" that he always hung out with Layne on his birthday. Those two statements don't seem to mesh. Layne was so isolated the last years of his life anyone could make up anything and how are we to know what is true? Over the years, his story of being with Layne has changed quite a bit as well. So inconsistent. Hope he gets better though, but I really don't believe anything he says.

Fuck Celebrities

Who?

Jeff

@KOOL GR33N... these people need to get off their 'high' horses and help themselves. They are the masters of their own demise.

DHutch

I wonder if he told the cops he was in Alice in Chains. On the rehab shows that's all he did - "Hi, I'm from Alice in Chains." Dude, get over yourself and clean up.

Maggie

Wow, he looks so different. Drug addicts aren't losers. They have a disease. I hope you can beat it Mike. You deserve to live a happy life.

Sally

He was one of the nastiest "people" ever on Celebrity Rehab. I remember when Jen told him to clean his room, and he got in her face. He's an idiot, and I'm not surprised he's unable to stay clean.

t

Someone should make a mash up of him name dropping AIC and Camille Grammer name dropping Kelsey.

Chuck

His brain is mush already anyway. He did it to himself.

Snoogs

#6 -

Who are YOU to decide which life is worth saving? I don't recall voting you into the office of He Who Assigns Value to the Lives of Others. Wake up and realize that every living person has value, whether you personally give a sh*t or not.

laura

:( I was so happy when he got clean. I hope he gets help soon although I know it's doubtful... You would think Layne's death would have taught him... :'(

Rick

Like ALL addicts:

Once a loser, always a loser!!

RogerM

How about this country change it's laws that are nothing more than a way to take money from people that have problems? If you call wanting to feel a certain way sometimes a problem. If you get caught up in "the system" then you really have a problem. It ruins you more than drugs do. Then they lie and say these laws are here to keep us safe. B.S. they are here to prey on people and take their money. Yes, using drugs comes with a risk just like driving a car. As long as he wasn't driving a car or in a position to hurt somebody let him choose to take whatever he wants to feel however he wants. I've met Mike before and he is polite and harmless.
Our system is in need of a major overhaul. I can only imagine one day these times will be looked at similarly to how we view the Salem Witch Trials of 1692.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments