'American Idol' Finalist Casey

Back in the Hospital

3/10/2011 9:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" finalist Casey Abrams missed the top 13 results show today -- after he was rushed to the hospital for the SECOND time in three weeks ... for severe stomach pains.

Casey Abrams Hospital
Ryan Seacrest announced Casey's absence at the top of tonight's live 'AI' episode -- telling the audience, "You'll notice that Casey is missing from the group. He is unfortunately sick and in the hospital right now. So everybody wave to him."

Seacrest then addresses Casey in the hospital, "Feel better ... Get back here soon" -- so, it doesn't sound like Casey's getting the boot tonight.

UPDATE: Seacrest just announced ... Casey is still in the running.

leland

get well buddy

sonia

Wonder if it's his appendix...

abram hernandez

Bleeding ulcers from stress!!! I think you need another career. And this is just the beginning of "American Idol"... HANG UP YOUR MICROPHONE.

sammi

Get well Casey you are so talented and Idol needs you. Alot of you commentators need to have empathy and more. Diddy you need to do something more then rap. Though I do think you are still a great performer just would like to see something new from you.

LamGerrard

YUCK, trim the facial hair or shave it off completely.

sandee

Hope the Idol Winner for this year gets well soon...he's the only one so far with the best pipes. Get well soon

gaetaneguitard

Being a good signer is not enouf to be a good idol.Personality,funny,choise of song,put up a good show.Finaly, Cassey Abrams have it all.,He is ready now.More, more, more.

Kifferslady

I can't believe some of the childish comments I'm reading here. Dump the guy because of his teeth, dump him because of his beard? I'm mean really!!! I'm sure all these very incentive comments are coming from the 13-25 crowd. If you're older than that and are still hiding behind your computer with this bully type of attitude then you need some psycological help!!

The guy is a great singer. THE most talented contestant this season. They can't kick him off because he's gotten sick. He has performed so far so there really is no problem.

Chris

He has colitis. Let's hope that this disease gets the attention it needs and that he is able to get well. It sounds bad though.

Allyson

Some of you are very ignorant people. He has Ulcerative Colitis, which I also have and recently just had surgery to have my entire colon removed. It is a serious disease and I have danced with death a few times from it. He is not looking for the I am sick vote - he is simply trying to live his life and pursue his dreams despite having a chronic autoimmune disorder that has no cure. GOOD FOR HIM!!! Some of you should really think before you talk. Agh I'm disgusted by you rude people.

Tom

looks like we have another week or two of the Uni-bBmber on American Idol.. this season a few of the contestants have some serious behavior disorders (Sylvester, Uni-Bomber and poster boy for ADHD!!!)feel bad for anyone that has to live with them!!!
Don't we have enough poorly behaved celebrities? maybe they are betting on some tabloid headlines to sell the crappy IA music!
My guess is the round moon face is a symptom of some underlying disease (Graves) or complications from steroid therapy? i'm sure it will come out that he needs a kidney or liver or something!!

kit

stay bout the hospital

Cheryl

The last show was my favorite except the end when Casey acted like that. I think it was so phony. I really can't seem to connect with Casey. I do agree with the TMZ poll it seems pretty accurate.

wanda

Some people will do anything to get attention.

N. E. Greene

Casey Abrams has more musicianship and more talent in his little finger than all the other contestants do altogether. And I love some of the other contestants. As far as the winner, it simply comes down to personal taste in the end. Pia or James probably.
Casey may not win, because he is a musician first, singer second. But I happen to groove to his groove, so he will get my vote. I always look forward to his tasty musical surprises.
Word to Casey: Ulcerative colitis is aggravated by eating wheat and corn products. Skip the wheat and corn for starters and I'm sure there will be an improvement. Doctors know a lot, but not nearly enough about diet and disease.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments