Oksana Grigorieva Settles With First Lawyer

3/18/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva and her very first lawyer settled their legal dispute over fees, TMZ has learned.

1123-oksana-eric-george-ex-getty-tmz

Eric George, a prominent Beverly Hills attorney, scored a $15 million settlement last May for Oksana in her custody dispute with Mel Gibson. Oksana later disavowed the settlement, but George claimed he had sealed the deal and was entitled to his 10% fee.

George's firm and Oksana have been fighting it out in arbitration, but we've learned the case settled Thursday. George and Daniel Horowitz, Oksana's current lawyer, tell TMZ, George and Oksana "have in good faith resolved all matters between them and will proceed cooperatively in the future."

The financial terms of the settlement are under wraps.

Tellthetruth59

@Sam - that is heartbreaking. I'm glad he was okay. People suck.

middleagedcrazy

Why do these horror movie themes keep coming?

Actually, I was checking out the 'Chucky' series for my daughter and laughed like a lunatic when one of the movies ended with Chucky being reborn from a vat of plastic.

Oh my goodness gracious!

Tee hee

Tellthetruth59

@MAC - The Chuckys - that's their new name, IMO. Too funny.

Shuffle Demon

'whites' !! LOL!

I wouldn't doubt it.

The KKK is STILL active here. I was about 36? I overheard some rednecks in a bar talking about a black road worker, laughing saying things like 'I bet he don't last long' (snicker snicker).

On my 40th Bday, I went out dancing with a friend. The club was packed. ONE black guy was in a corner by himself (a road worker....) I went up and asked him to dance (hey he was cute, nice hinny, knew no one else would dance with him) so we danced all night. He got his head beat in with a shovel the next day at work. I joke not. I heard of it 'some black guy got a shovel to the head for dancng with a white gal all night blah blah blah'. I had to go by his place to check it out. He lived and was fine (how fine can someone be after someone does that to them?) and wasn't even angry! Just accepted it. Luckily, the road crew was moving on to the next job so he did get out of that town PDQ. He was a helluva nice guy. I couldn't believe that it happened and in the 90s! But it did. Yes, here in the midwest, KKK is still active. Scares the hell out of me people can be so stupid!

Posted at 8:05 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Sam
------------------------------------------------------

That's just plain sad that some people are more concerned about a person's skin or religion to base their acceptance of them, I think it just go to show you how even though times have changed that some people are still stuck in the past and how deeply ingrained their Racial and Bigoted beliefs are rooted in their minds and heart

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Tell,

I still have trouble believing it happened in the 90s! How f*cking ignorant is that?!?

I was just horrified. But I guess one could say I am often horrified at society.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Sd: Or more concerned about the wallet size or what he says.....

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Yesrerday I posted aobut the chicken ass pilots that wouldn't take the initative to go dup water, the sorry Jap government response: I saw aa clip last night of these people that got into a highrise in the nick of time. They looked out and saw others strnded, a couple in trees, some on the ops of cargo containers. a father with his child. They got a fire hose and threw it to the people they could and saved them--then they had enough people to form a human chain on the tops of the containers and got over to save the kid(s?) Amazing! What heart and courage! THAT's the way to do it!

dunamis

Well I think she had no choice but to settle...I couldn;'t see her really getting out of it..He got her the result she wanted, the fact that she changed her mind isn't his fault, so he did what he was asked to do and I am sure after the last Judge denied her request to toss this, she knew there was no other option but to settle because going to court would have cost her more...so I don't think this is a suprise

Posted at 6:44 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Shuffle Demon
and as for HorroDitz statement, I wouldn't read that much into it... that sounds more like him trying to put a positive spin on the settlement...I mean really if you were EG and she wanted you to work further for her would you?...lol..I doubt he is going to do more work for someone who backed out on a signed deal then had her next lawyer make veiled comments that EG had failed to properly instruct and advise his client in those negotiations...and then tried to stiff him on monies owed....so I doubt will see EG on Team OxyMoron anytime in the future...

Posted at 6:46 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Shuffle Demon
==========================================================

I agree. If EG cooperates with DH, it's because he's probably being extorted too.

Shuffle Demon

@Sam - that is heartbreaking. I'm glad he was okay. People suck.

Posted at 8:06 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
---------------------------------------------------------

Well Tell I think there is a lot to be said of some people. look at all of us... we all come from different walks of life, different races, different religions... and while we all don't agree one every aspect of the Mel and Oksana saga, we all for the most part get along and there is a degree of civility betwen us all.. this despite the fact that we are all from different parts of the world, different races, different religions man or woman... hasn't really mattered much, it's been more the case of Mel and OxSanity and what's transpired...if anything I would say that it shows that people of any race, religion, sex can get along if they choose to do so, even when there is differance of opinion as long as you are willing to respect it even if you disagree with it..

Uzi

Does this "settlement" mean that EG will be paying nightly visits to OG's jacuzzi?

(and I apologize in advance if this posts twice; seems to happen every time I add a comment!)

Char

Not sure why the Pope would be brought into this at all since Gibson doesn't answer to the RCC. If Ox called (and I doubt it) Benedict's aides probably looked at the caller ID and it read "Satan." They probably just threw some holy water on the phone and got back to important business.

Posted at 7:34 AM on Mar 18, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
***************************************************

Today was an aggravating morning and then I read this. Hilarious! Thanks for turning my demeanor around.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

oksana is what sewer rats would be if it were human...she is the bottom of the barrels bottom......dog crap is one step above this russian whore......this woman is just human garbage at its worst!

Tellthetruth59

@Shuffle - that is true. I tend to get dragged down by my natural pessimism. I have to force myself to remember that the good people are out there. They just aren't grabbing the headlines.

middleagedcrazy

Separated at birth?

Just can't stop laughing today.

Tee hee

ic

Mel is trying to pay off everyone and she knows she had to settle as she is not entitled to any money she was not his wife so she needs to put her tail between her legs and go softly into the night as the public will not have any pity for her and they see her as a gold digger so if she wants anything she needs to get what she needs right now as the game is all over...this was a ridiculous dream she had she should have taken the 15 million and maybe now she realizes the game is over...