Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

Mars Blackman

Leave Chrissy Alone :-(.

Naw serious ya'll a bunch of hypocrites. Before the whole Rihoenna incident you all love you some Chris Brown. Get off this bs.

m

Why did she keep harping on him, he asked her to talk about the album, he has moved on,why keep bringing it up over and over again.She owes him an apology. She asked him 3 times and he said he wanted to talk about the album, but not her, just keep it up. sad you have to keep at him Robin,shame on you

jb007

ya really Robin Roberts should just be quiet because now she's sounding stupid.

Geraldine Sims

I watched that interview yesterday and I have no respect for Robin Roberts because provoked Chris yesterday. He told her he was there to promote his new CD and she continued asking him about the incident with him Rihanna. Someone should ask her if she's a lesiban.

Diana

I don't believe Chris okayed the constant harping on his past. Robin Roberts wouldn't let up even though she knew he didn't want to talk about it. Bitch needs to get a clue. Shut up you stupid lesbo.

As for Chris, he needs to stop it because he will never be treated like Charley Sheen or Mel Gibson. White people will forgive them like that but Black folks will be always seen as angry.

Ivy

LIL" PUNK THUG!! he deserves to lose everything!

mak

He approved of Robin Roberts badgering him long after he made it clear that we wanted to discuss another matter, the ostensible reason that he was invited to the show? I doubt that.

Catherine Brown

They were both wrong? When you bring up sensitive issues you never
know how someone is going to react. Robin should have left the
subject alone. Chris is a loose cannon and needs help, Robin
pushed the envelope. What if he had done this to her How would
she feel. It is all about 'RATINGS" LETS SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GO.

Tim

Robin Roberts is an idiot for rehashing things from two yeaRS ago....So what if the fans tweeted about it. It was ignorant of you to go there with this young man when he was there to perform and promote his new album! The past is the past. Its not about where you came from and what you did its about where you are at this current day!

You nor any other idiot that wanted to bring up his past is not in a position to judge! last i recall none of us walks on water therefor we all have sinned and have done things were not pleased with!

Agony

I don't think robin has Chrise brown well been a heart ,she's jus getting another store for the highlights. What person would say yes to some question they new would make them uncomfortable .and why would Chrise brown want to bring up the pass incident at a time like his new album reless F.A.M.E. That wouldn't be a good move and I should think is PR people thinking the same thing. And robin saw that Chrise was trying not to go down that road but no she still drive ahead full speed asking another question on the same ****. No man or woman is perfect even robin are so she wants the world to think .u all talking about rehabilitation and getting better but u not given the man a chance because every time u all keep going back to the same thing .yes he did it and paid the time so move on .and to the persons that wishing death on Chrise please get a life of ur own and stop hateing

Richie

Robin is a BITCH..... if a guest says, "I want to discuss my ablum", then leave it alone!!!! Move in, you cow. I would have slapped her myself... what a ****!!!!

not5150

Punk.

Mariebubbly16

That Man needs a counciler and fast you just don't do stuff like that for nothing. I'm not judging him I'm saying as a person to talk to he needs help.

lovemen

Why can't we allow the man to move on from his mistake. The man wants to speak of his future not his past. We teach our boys to defend themselves in a fight then want to tell him he's wrong if the bully happens to be a woman. Why don't we teach our daughters to keep their hands to themselves. Teach them not to act like men else be treated like men. Obviously he was a gentleman enough not to put their business out in the public. The man is loosing his livelihood and reputation over this. She is not the only victim. He has been victimized by a society the prizes violence against men even if the woman is the aggressor.

Chris Brown you're not "WINNING"! They didn't set you up. When you're interviewed you're at the mercy of the interviewer. You should have said, I've learned from my past my album is my future...

Not only am I buying your music I'm requesting it everywhere I go. A person should be allowed to move on from their mistakes. No glass houses here. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

AROD

what the hell.. everyone is always saying negative things about Chris Brown. yes he did wrong by hitting rhiana and acting the way he did but there are two sides to every story... Also for Robin yes she is doing her job but you can clearly see in the interview he was trying to avoid the questions but she kept asking.. come on now the past is the past let the kid move on.. Rhiana sure did..