Robin Roberts

Chris Approved My

Rihanna Q's

3/22/2011 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts asked Chris Brown if she could question him about the Rihanna incident BEFORE the live interview began on "GMA" this morning ... this according to sources connected to the production.

Robin Roberts

Sources tell TMZ ... Roberts insists both she and other "GMA" staff members spoke with Chris before the interview and asked if it would be OK to fire off "a few questions" about the Rihanna incident ... and Chris approved.

As TMZ first reported, Brown flipped out after the interview -- and apparently smashed a window in his dressing room.

Robin is telling people at the show she did NOT try to set him up ... and insists, "I'm pulling for the guy."

As for the broken window, sources say no one in the studio saw Chris throw the chair into the window ... but he was definitely in the dressing room when the window was smashed.

UPDATE 9:19 AM: After Roberts left the "GMA" building, she posted on her Twitter page, "Sure has been an interesting AM @GMA. Still sorting thru everything myself. Just my 2nd day on twitter, wonder what tomorrow will bring?"

Rhubino

Hey Chris, the thing about records - whether they're R&B or criminal - is that people can play them back anytime they want to. Suck it up Buttercup.

KeepItSimple

A few questions? Sweet Jesus, she kept going back to the incident. That would drive me nuts too. What more do you a**holes want? At least he didn't punch or beat on someone. It's all about a story to them. Do your thing Chris...let the haters keep talking.

Alan Carver

The questions were not that 'hard hitting' and for him to get all upset about it, if he indeed approved them to be asked, he has no one to blame but himself! He is a little boy in a grown mans body, behaving as such! My 6 year old nephew behaves better than he does! Chris Brown you just proved to the American Public that you still have control & anger management issues, and that you are a good con-man convincing your probation officer and Judge that you have changed! NOT! You are still a douche-bag and your HISTORY is apart of what-ever-crap you bring to the table to try and promote! Never liked your music, since and now, do not like you as a person! Go Away - YOU DOUCHE-BAG!

Lucas

This is not something you do when you don't want people to still think you are a violent loose cannon.

Lovey

Robin Roberts incited a person with known anger management issues is like forcing vodka down an alcoholic's throat. Only the intelligent people will realize that. A lot of people have anger issues as apparent from comments on this thread, but not everyone is getting slammed for things he did two years ago while Charlie Sheen is getting all of the praise. What a slanted world we live in when we lack an amount of consistency in what we stand for, we fall for anything. I learned the definition of haters right here on this day.

Bobbie

I love all the bashers here... but as a woman I gotta side with Chris on this, they guy was trying to give her the hint that he didn't want to talk about all that and she kept at it... it's the only thing she wanted to talk about.. he clearly didn't and has that right..Robin is a great person, I love her, but she is also a puppet to the producers who tell her aske questions about what they think people want to know.. they clearly had no interest in his album! Dude has served his time.. this was 2 yrs ago! Give it a rest already...who hasn't gotten pissed and thrown things occassional...don't lie you all know you have!

AGNC

I will NOT support Chris Brown and buy or even listen to his music any more. Just like Charlie Sheen, I wish he would just disappear as a celebrity and an artist. There are so many other talented singers that deserve recognition and praise.

kar

Does he really think people won't ask questions??? Wake up when your a creep it will follow you forever!!

Star

I doubt Chris approved of Robin asking questions ONLY about Rihanna. She could of asked him many questions about him. What about Rihanna releasing their old sexting to the public. Or the video footage of the European incident. Rihanna is the attacker in that video, and yet the America mainstream media doesn't mention it. Robin intention was to embarrass Chris and get some LIVE reaction out of him on camera. Instead he reacted after the fact, in his dressing room. I wish he didn't throw the chair at the window but, I understand his frustrations. Charlie Sheen is getting a free past for his bad behavior. He has always been a troubled star and attempted murder. Chris had one isolated incident and the mainstream media keeps harassing him about it. He spend the last two years working hard on FAME only to have it over shadowed by February 2009. I wish him well but, he has to learn to rise above all the haters. That also includes his ex girlfriend, Rihanna.

Star

Fuck Celebrities

Hang the little ***** bitch.

Stephanie

I can understand Chris Brown wanting to move on and feeling frustrated by the questions. Unfortunately, his actions have proven that the questions are still valid. If he doesn't want to address this, he should refuse all interviews. It's his choice about how he wants to lead his life. Chris, you mauled a woman. people are going to remember

J9

just cant help themselves. scourge

Alex Anton

What kind of behavior is this? Oh my God! http://turbomingle.com/

MP

If he didn't want to answer questions about Rihanna he should have said that to Ms. Roberts. You don't tell her you'll answer questions about Rihanna and then get angry when she asks them. It makes no sense.