Danny McBride

Police Incident In Georgia

3/24/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danny McBride went bar hopping in Georgia last night ... and wound up at a local police station ... but TMZ has learned the "Eastbound and Down" star was ONLY guilty ... of being awesome.

0324_MCBRIDE_EX_TMZ

McBride was partying at some bars near the University of Georgia in Athens ... and tried to walk back to his hotel around 1:30 AM ... when a crowd of college kids recognized Danny and began following him down the street asking for photos and autographs.

Danny's rep tells us ...  a bike cop saw the crowd of people and became concerned about a possible mob situation. The officer then peddled over to Danny ... and after a brief conversation, the actor agreed to go with the cop to a nearby police station.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Danny told officers he was merely trying to get back to his hotel when he was swarmed by the locals. Cops eventually let him go ... and even called a cab for the actor.

Kenny f'n Powers.

Adam

What? You guys live under a rock?

cochino

Add this to the TMZ doesn't have anything to post list of filler stories TMZ has posted.

Rather desperate of ya.

Evan

I was there. He told us to run with him while he was flicking off everyone laughing. Officer Grimes pushed him against a wall then walked him to the station. It was awesome.

James

I'm a UGA student and I ran into Danny McBride last night at a bar called "Fahrenheit". We all took tequila shots together because, in his words, "You always have to drink tequila, because tequila doesn't give you ****ing hangovers." I can tell you from my experience this morning that he was lying.

willy

did he ride the handlebars?

willy

#15-He's just the single greatest entertainer of our generation!!

Mark Proctor

Da man...

Aspen

He was in Athens for a meet and greet and a viewing of "Your Highness" at UGA. He's from Georgia!

bboy

cops saw his hair & thought he was black

UGA Student

Although they have suffered a recent loss and I feel for the officers involved, Officer Grimes, is notorious for hunting underage kids downtown at night regardless off if they are going to a bar. Sometimes they are just walking home, and I sure he was looking for a good charge with Mr. Kenny Powers, funny how he didn't recognize him as a celebrity. Maybe this will finally have him reassigned because I have heard over 40 or even 50 stories about questionable probable cause with this particular Officer, clearly he is known through campus and many students worry because one girl the night Officer Grimes did a toll on my friends, was accosted by a man without police attention downtown when she left her friends from dinner. At least keep the kids safe.

Nicole

The fact that some of you feel the need to make negative comments about a cop who was merely doing his job is sad. I think that the bike cop is rather handsome and that he handled the situation very well.

meagan

My brother was apart of this whole incident. This article doesn't do the story justice. He acted in true Kenny Powers fashion. What an awesome guy...

Pooper

This weemsy, I mean grimesy, cop is a menace to athens; he has unlawfully entered our premises multiple times with no source of evidence. Now, Danny, who's next? Our hearts go out to you mcbrides, they really do, I truly hope they get through this unscathed.

d

He did a prescreen and appearance of Your Highness at UGA that night. He was pretty slammed.

Allison

So great to see this cop doing such a great job! We need more officers like this!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments