'Make-A-Wish' Kid -- Focused On The Dolphins

3/28/2011 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Make-A-Wish kid snubbed by celeb chef Ina Garten has MOVED ON -- in fact, we're told, Enzo is so excited about his back-up wish to swim with dolphins ... he sleeps in his bathing suit.

0328_makewish_dolphin_EX

A family member tells TMZ, 6-year-old Enzo -- who suffers from leukemia -- has conquered his initial disappointment and is now focusing on his upcoming swim sesh with real-life dolphins.

We're told Enzo not only sleeps in his bathing suit -- but when he's awake, he spends a huge chunk of his free time learning to swim ... all to make his new wish a reality.

TMZ previously reported, Ina has officially REVERSED her refusal to see the kid ... after twice denying his request for a meet-up -- claiming she plans to call him today.

As of the time this story was published, Enzo's family had not heard anything from Ina.

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

SOB

Roseanne Barr did the same thing to my 15 year old cousin. She told M.A.W that she was too busy to meet her while she visited Las Vegas. My baby cousing passed away. To this day, I turn the tv off whenever I see Roseanne. I think she is a disgrace.

Scotty

Ina Garten is a really nice person! Of course she said she would meet Enzo, once she knew about it! You people are so naive! Do you really think she answers her own phone? Enzo went with the dolphin wish, because that is really a "child's" wish. Meeting The Barefoot Contessa was spiteful mommy's dream. Sorry mommy, dreams don't always come true. Good luck with the donations though!

PS Don't swim with dolphins people! Flipper committed suicide. Not kidding!

Bobo Frog

SOB.....your 15 year old cousin's dying wish was to meet Roseanne Barr???????

beauteefullaydee

No, I did not write the story, I obtained it from the link above; we need a link, support email address, or phone number for Mrs. Garten. MAW are bullys, the baby's mother is exploiting her child, and TMZ is going overboard on this topic.

Everyone in support of little Enzo's mother needs to digg deep in their pockets and make a deposit into her paypal account since you are so sadden and upset with the mistreatment of baby Enzo.....

People don't understand this was about ETHICS....I do.

I also have terminally ill students at the high school that I work in and I will be bring them over to everyone's house that's in support of this foolishness to take to Bahamas Dream Getaway and a new car for an all inclusive partay--on you because it is their wish and MAW asked you too(you know you better because big brother will twist your arm to do so, otherwise you will be media assaulted).

Really.....

There is nothing wrong with doing things out of the kindness of your heart, you can't require people to do things and if they decline put them on blast. If Mrs. Garten stated she was busy and she could not help at this time that was it, final......YOU DON'T PUT THEM ON BLAST..............That's crazy.

MAW you are wrong for what you've done.

Enzo's mom you are wrong for what you've done.

I will not support your organization until you "pubically" apologize to Mrs Garten, just as you've lead a national assaulted on her character in the media pubically.

Kevin

You don't find time for a child with terminal cancer, you MAKE time. And you don't end the day until he is bored or busy and not you.

beauteefullaydee

Kevin,, 251
You con't make people do what you would do, that's what makes all different and unique. It does not make you right or someone else wrong. It just makes you different. You feel bad for any sick child, but at the end of the day you can not make people do anything they do not want to do. We are all different. You can not strong arm people, threaten, exploit, media assault, to do the things "you feel are right".

Now, personally I understand why she did not drop everything she was doing and comply. I am not saying I agree, because I am a southernbelle that can't say "NO expecially to children" but I do understand. You can't force me to do anything because I am stubborn as an ox, but I do have a heart of gold. You "will not force me to do anything". Well will be in a stand-off. So, I can see how could have felt; from her point-of-view.

Justme

"Do we have an obligation to do the favor if the stranger is sick? Young? Old? Dying? No, no, no and no. Accept any other answer, and we are declaring that whenever the Make-a-Wish Foundation delivers a request, it is really a demand, backed by the threat of public humiliation….dictatorship of the desperate, attack of the compassion bullies"

"Sad, yes. But heads up: a couple of terminally ill kids will be arriving at your house, and their dying wish is to be taken to Disney Words, and only by you, because they are a fans of your compassionate blog comments. Have a nice trip!!"

"LoL@ someone saying Ina's 15 minutes are over. You dumb ****. She's been around for years and she will be around for years to come. I don't even think the Helmet Wearing Retards who are ready to hang Ina have ever seen her show before. Go find something else to do. Maybe go work for charity, just not MAKE A Wish."

"BOYCOTT Make A Wish.
Be most careful what you wish for. Ever heard of karma?
It sounds like the only people winning are the boy and his family. I see they are getting several trips and most likely money from the pukes that hate Ina."

"Enzo momma be rolling in her Rolls Royce awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

_________________________________________________________

Ina, you may want to tone down your “friends” here, because they are NOT helping you, they are making it much worse. They are missing the point completely. And before you rush to judge me, yes, I have been very active in many charities. I have donated time and money to causes and don’t regret even once. I am not in the public eye, and I am not in a privileged position to be able to reach millions of people with my words and actions. Ina is in that position. She could have taken a few minutes out of her time for this dying child. And remission is not CURED or NOT DYING, it is a respite. A small gift of life before they eventually come out of remission. The mere fact you have been using that as an excuse is not only deplorable but is more proof of the need for awareness of these diseases. I have worked years with the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and I am still amazed at how little people know about this disease.

Just remember…The Karma you are speaking of can be brutal.

catseyezzz

Probably because he doesn't live in the Hamptons. She has made Millions and millions from the public watching her show and buying her books and merchandise. I doubt very seriously that Make-A-Wish has approached her before. This isn't typically something a sick child would wish for and she should have looked at that way and been honored! I will never watch her show again. Her recipes aren't that great anyway. She drips of insincerity!

jbeans

I hope Enzo is "too busy to take her call". Do NOT blame MAW, they did nothing wrong!! I have boycotted Ina and will continue to do so! Celebrities should do anything and everything for fans, specially sick children. We are the ones who make them rich and famous.

angel

Enzo: I'd rather swim with the dolphins than a whale. I'm happy with my choices. I wish BearFoot ****essa show won't flop...CIAO!!I'm going to take swimming lesson now!

Kerri

Let's have thousands of members by the weekend.
Boycott Barefoot Contessa Books and shows:

Boston Donkey

***I cant believe the Barefoot Contessa cooked puppies on her show today!! Man, just one bad decision after another...

Alyce

This child is not being exploited. This is about a child, a fabulous organization and a cold hearted chef. Guess this child/family didn't have enough money to interest Ina to visit.

This is a sad story what would have given this child a moment of thrill and his family an escape for a few hours was so horribly ruined by this woman. For shame Ina hope you toss and turn at night for many a nights to come.

Hendrik