Queen Elizabeth's Panties

In a Twist

4/4/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A pair of used panties once owned by Queen Elizabeth II were all set to be sold to a British auction house -- but TMZ has learned the sale is stalled because of Prince William's wedding.

0401_queen_elizabeth_EX_Getty_01
You may remember -- Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers wanted to buy the royal bloomers from the estate of the late "Baron" Joseph de Bicske Dobronyi  -- who got the panties after the Queen left them on a plane in 1968.

TMZ spoke with Charles Hanson -- who tells us, "Out of respect and courtesy for a person of such dignity and rank," he doesn't want the deal to go down until after the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Meanwhile -- the late Baron's estate has already put up most of their items on eBay -- and plan on auctioning the panties in the U.S. if the Brits don't act fast.

Cartman

Yeah, "respect" is why he is waiting to selling panties that don't belong to him.

I Chinee

My goodness that is one ugly Royal family. How in the world can an entire Royal family be so ugly? It's a damn tragedy!

steff

Dear Harvey Levin and TMZ staff,

The British people are fast and always on time,from what I know about them.
I think they'll not delay to act...

Thank you!

Kaytee

Wow, That's pretty disgusting don't you think!?

Tony Johnson

This is absolutely DISGUSTING!!!

mija

That is disgusting. What are those stains on the panties? This is only a way to humiliate Queen Elizabeth II. What a complete insult.

Thomas

She left her panties on a plane. She must be a mamber of the mile high club.

Thomas

I'll try this again due to a stupid typo.
She must be a member of the mile high club. Ladies, when you join the mile high club, remember to take your panties.

Bobo Frog

Looks like her bed sores/ass warts left some yellow pus marks.

Jackie

Hmm!!....And let me guess...some stupid man will buy it and masturbate on it daily. eww!!....I hope she stop the auction, if not, then i don't know how i can ever respect her anymore.

Gloria Unread

I am guessing (or hoping) that those rust-colored stains are the result of the fabric aging and improper storage rather than bodily fluids.

I always bring all my underwear in my carry-on baggage so that the TSA doesn't touch them. Obviously she didn't have to worry about baggage handlers touching her panties, but it does make sense to have your undergarments at hand on a plane.

Casper

I haven't laughed so much in a long time. This article just made my day!!

theroundearth

The little buttons on the side are very sexy.

Anyway if I forget anything on a plane, I guess it still belongs to me. Did Elizabeth II officially renounce her garments?

cregis

Who respects royals anyway?

juju

Maybe it didn't pass the sniff test. :D

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments