Lindsay Lohan

HANDPICKED

By Victoria Gotti

4/8/2011 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan beat out Blake Lively AND Sienna Miller for her new role as Victoria Gotti -- and TMZ has learned ... Victoria herself made sure that happened.

0406_lindsay_victoria_ex_getty

Sources close to the production tell TMZ, producers were considering both Blake and Sienna for the role -- but John Gotti's famously blonde daughter wasn't having it, insisting Lindsay get the role instead ... and producers loved the idea.

Not all that surprising -- according to sources, Victoria is a good friend of the Lohan family ... and she often spends time with them on Long Island.

Meanwhile, Lindsay is currently in L.A. auditioning for "Superman" -- but we're told she already has a plane ticket back to NYC for April 12th ... to close the Gotti deal for good.

Josephina

hahaha why???? She'll regret this when Lindsay misses work/miraculously comes into work, coked out and/or drunk. She is still in a lot of trouble legally and that won't go away. How will she find time to shoot with all her court dates?

AddieTrish

HAHAHA yeah I caught it! ;) Your sassy! I like your style!

Josephina

Not to mention JAIL TIME.

Davey-Boy

and as for Lindsay, when she has it together she's got some skills, yeah I know its painful to say....

Posted at 1:52 PM on Apr 8, 2011 by smashley

~~~

Linday's most talent lies in stealing jewelery from high-end boutiques. Did you see that behind the neck move she made? Mad skillz, fo sho!

Danielle

Betty White can be expecting two things in her future: A "you hurt my feelings" email from Lindsay Lohan and a misogynistic chant in Charlie Sheen's Violent Torpedo of Truth tour.

White laments about show bisness back in the day: "We considered ourselves lucky ... and were always on our best behavior in public."

And we know dina will begging for an apology"you cant talk about my meal ticket like that betty"....lmao

AddieTrish

Hi my pretty kitty~

Vorlon

Now I'm back and armed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 3:22 PM on Apr 8, 2011 by therock

Is that the new codeword for high?

AddieTrish

;)

AddieTrish

LOL come on pretty kitty that most certainly not was a sad face!

Terry

The more this girl screws up...the more roles and auditions she gets. It's just not right.

jwoolman

So that explains it - Dina and Victoria are friends, and that's how the odd idea of Lindsay playing Victoria came about. Really, Lindsay Lohan is hardly an actor who comes instantly to mind for such a role.

But does Victoria have any say in who gets casted? I would expect the producers and director to be the important voice in this, and they have to consider such things as availability (very up in the air for Lindsay for quite a while), reliability (Lindsay has a very poor record), insurability (Lindsay is unlikely to bring enough to the movie to sell enough extra tickets to make up for the huge insurance premium required, unless she agrees to do it cheap) as well as ability to actually carry off the role (which could be in doubt also).

jwoolman

themare at #78: " now that I know the Lohans actually have a connection to the mafia, it’s making me rethink a lot of stuff."

Actually, a few weeks ago I was wondering to myself if the Lohans had some sort of mob connections that could explain Lindsay's teflon coating ... Lindsay's dad is certainly quite the thug and her maternal uncles sound a tad shifty as well. But I think Victoria got out of the mobster affiliations, didn't she? Or was that just for the weird "reality" show, the one that had to subtitle whatever her sons said? I only saw bits of a couple of episodes.

Chris Gambera

I'll definately watch this now. On ya Lindz.

Carvey

Figures that Lohan and the daughter of that rat John Gotti would be friends.

jwoolman

Vorlon at #137: "We also don't know who's carrying the club to influence the removal of the posts."

For what it's worth - sometimes TMZ does do the vanishing post routine, I think because of glitches on the site. I've had it happen to quite innocuous posts in the past - they would be posted and then within a few hours, poof they were gone. So it's not necessarily any kind of censorship or viewing with alarm.