Pia Never Stood A Chance of Winning 'American Idol'

4/12/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano never had a chance of winning "American Idol" -- this according to well-placed sources connected with the production.

0411_idol_winometer

We're told before Pia was booted, America's votes put her in the murky middle -- she was never near the top of the heap.  As one "A.I." spy put it, "It was only a matter of time before Pia was kicked off.  She was never going to win."

And, our spies say, there are 5 remaining contestants who are "fairly consistently placing in the top 4."  Our sources would not reveal who they are, but we have an educated guess as to 3 of them -- Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, and James Durbin.  As for the remaining 2, we're guessing Jacob Lusk and Casey Abrams.

As for Pia, don't feel bad.  We're told the rumored record deal she has with Interscope Records is more than a rumor.  We're told it's a "certainty" Pia will sign.  And something else -- Jimmy Iovine will ignore the judges, who wanted Pia to sing some up-tempo songs.  Jimmy, we're told, will go strictly for ballads.

0412_pia_toscano_pictures_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

NDNchief

For pia the bar is set at P. Hilton. Can she sell more than that? Doubtful.

STARR C

She's aiight!

CubanB

Scotty SUCKS!

Chuck

This article shows there in no credability in the voting on American Idol.I've stopped caring.

Lola

Who buys albums? The voting public, that's who. So what stupid record producer plans to continue her downhill run with bland, no personality ballads? Yeah, big future there for them both.

Sally

The top 10 are all excelent and I predict all of them will get record deals.

Iceman

I think JM will win it. Although Casey is much more musically inclined.

Datalord

Scotty has a good voice, but that affected, flamingly queer way he has of holding the mic horizontally with the fingertips of both hands and tilting his head to sing into it drives me crazy.

dibbee

There is no way that you can predict now that Pia had no chance to win. Things change every week on Idol and people move up and down all the time. The public is very fickle and a person that was in the lead could be knocked off the next week. I love Pia's ballads and I love her. She is beautiful, sweet and very talented vocally. She is a real find and it is very hard to believe she tried out 5 times. But I do agree that it is now a man's contest due to the teenage girl factor. Thus I will no longer watch American Idol until they fix the voting. Also, if they do not give the judges any power in the voting, then why should we listen to them? If I continued watching, I would never ever listen to what Tyler has to say, because he is the most insincere of the bunch.Lots of problems with this show, so maybe its time has come to fade into the sunset. This show, in the end, is just another reality series that is ultimately unreal.

JLo on Steroids

i was sick of looking at her boring ass. with her big schnoz & cross eyes

Ben

By now everyone should know that American Idol is much more that just a tv show, its a talent agency/incubator. Once Pia's star power was confirmed the private deal discussions began. An AI title would only hurt Pia, instead of speaking about her career and new music she would always be speaking about her
AI firt place - unless she survives a decade in the industry.

Miko B

pfff. That's so easy to say in hindsight. The truth of it is, nobody expected her to go so soon. Many expected her to win. Just be honest for God's sake.

Nicole

Seriously! Pia was boring as hell. She lacked stage presence her songs were mediocre. I never thought she stood a chance of becoming the American Idol. I think she was booted off just in time, and if Lauren doesn't step up her game, she will go next. I am actually quite disappointed in Lauren b/c she started the show with all this energy, and now she looks like a scared little girl everytime she takes the stage.

Neal

Get Pia's record deal done quickly...then have her come back on idol as a "guest recording artist" and give another AWESOME performance on the stage for all of her fans!!! She can sing during the final 2 or 3 contestants and just BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER!!!

Sammy

I'm sure that J-lo was very happy in her mind that Pia was Voted off. Pia is a better looking women than J-lo and Pia sings better than J-lo.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments