Pia Never Stood A Chance of Winning 'American Idol'

4/12/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano never had a chance of winning "American Idol" -- this according to well-placed sources connected with the production.

0411_idol_winometer

We're told before Pia was booted, America's votes put her in the murky middle -- she was never near the top of the heap.  As one "A.I." spy put it, "It was only a matter of time before Pia was kicked off.  She was never going to win."

And, our spies say, there are 5 remaining contestants who are "fairly consistently placing in the top 4."  Our sources would not reveal who they are, but we have an educated guess as to 3 of them -- Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, and James Durbin.  As for the remaining 2, we're guessing Jacob Lusk and Casey Abrams.

As for Pia, don't feel bad.  We're told the rumored record deal she has with Interscope Records is more than a rumor.  We're told it's a "certainty" Pia will sign.  And something else -- Jimmy Iovine will ignore the judges, who wanted Pia to sing some up-tempo songs.  Jimmy, we're told, will go strictly for ballads.

0412_pia_toscano_pictures_footer

sick of it

Jacob Lusk should be next..I heard he's having a sex change..no surprise.

CTBABE

Pia sings wonderfully, and was unquestionably the best singer of the pack. Her beauty, poise, and amazing vocal range will and should take her very far. Young kids vote for a guy because he's cute, or a girl because she has a cool jacket on. The votes are never based on true talent, or Adam Lambert would have won. Pia, I wish you success and a long and successful career. I for one, will be in line to purchase your first album, which I'm certain will rock!

carol

She was voted off because she wasn't good - who is going to buy her records? I wouldn't waste any money on them.

ketjo

You're suppose to croon a ballad, softly and sexily not bellow it out like your calling in the hogs to the feed box !!!

Face it folks , nobody like her enough to vote for her , she has a loud annoying voice, no personality except a smugness that sets of a womans nerves ...She's the kind of woman that walks in the room and the guys go OH YAH ! and the girls go UGH ! she doesn't appeal to women ....she has that pretty girl smurk on her face that broadcast loud and clear "I'm prettier then you and I know it "....and the truth is she ain't that pretty her eyes are to close together and a little crossed and her jaw is way to large for her face..

That's why she didn't make it....

DirtySouth

I'm not a fan of Idol. I think all the winners from every season are some of the worst singers, except for maybe Carrie Underwood. Luckily for her, country fans are loyal. Otherwise, she'll bomb if she tries another genre.

That said, I think Pia Toscano is the next Jennifer Hudson. Idol fans and judges slept on her. Sure she lacks stage presence but look at her upbringing. She's from what appears to be a closely knit family. My guess is it's hard for her to try and act sexy because she's not used to doing that. And good for her. She reminds me of Beyonce in that sense. The media would have you believe that Beyonce is very sexy on stage, but when you put her next to Shakira (who knows how to be sexy), she looks awkward.

Pia has a good voice like Jennifer Hudson and has the looks. She just needs to decide what stage presence she wants to display be it sexy, good girl, whatever.

Ava Zinn-Nieves

I have posted a YouTube video of my reaction to Pia's elimination and ask all of Pia's fans to vote for Haley and Lauren.

Link to my endorsement: http://home.aeverine.info/aeverine-zinn-to-endorse-haley-reinhart-and-l
Link to Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145808038819395

There has been word that a lot of people are planning on boycotting American Idol after Pia got voted off and I am actually boycotting the male contestants.

Call me the Gordon Ramsay of American Idol and/or the next Simon Cowell, but this has gone on for far too long.

JLOW

another bloody Leona, yawn

StevieD

This show just makes clear what is wrong with the music industry. We have kids show up and sing accappela and they are fantastic. Then get to work with indistry gurus for a week to learn one song and they come out and stink. It only proves that it is the so called producers that have ruined music since the 90's.

Chuck

The negative cpomments are coming from the same morons who didn't vote for Pia who is a really talented and beautiful singer. Her career will soar and I hope you remember your stupid coments.

Chuck

Pia is absolutely gorgeous and by the best singer that has been on Idol in a very long time.

Nephtalia

I am a woman and she is a role model to me. She works very hard at her craft. Set her mine on what she wanted and went out and get it. Very classy and shy girl with stage experience will get better. Nygel trying to save his show and want me to believe his crap. One 15 year old girl vote 2000 times for a boy how does that make a difference. Will she go out and buy 2000 albums. Also, those albums will be on my radio not on tv so all those thing about her stage prescence is stupid. Have nothing to do with selling records. Andrea Bocelli is blind so there is no way he is moving on stage. Greatest vocalist in the world. So Pia stand your ground and blow us away. I will buy Pia album so is her fans. You don't have to buy it. All those negative comments are just jealous. Would never be able to even touch her feet.

Jessica

The first few weeks Pia was building her fanbase, because unlike Lauren and Scotty who were the main featured contestants in every week of the auditions, and Hollywood week, etc and came in with a fanbase from there, Pia was virtually not seen till she came to the top 12 girls. Go and look for her audition, you cannot find it, she was not one of the chosen ones.

Jessica

fordtocarr

YOU HAVE TO BE DEAF AND BLIND to think casey is anything outside of bar karaoke. He is an AMISH TAYLOR HICKS, and if he does win, will disappear as hicks has. What kind of music WILL he play? Who will buy it?? He can't even clean up for TV!! He barely sings, has no range.
This article is written to encourage what the Idol machine wants. It's slanted to get people to vote the way the judges and producers want!!
The only one even close to being as bad on the show this year is Paul and that guy, jumping beans in his shoes, is like listening to someone knocked out on thorazine in an institution!!

Kay

She has a nice voice, but sounds like she should be doing opera. Not the type to win this kind of competition, but she'll have a fine career.